same movie two dvd's blend together

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DrWho, Jan 14, 2009.

1. DrWho macrumors newbie

DrWho

I have got two versions of a dvd with the same movie on both of them

One has different audio features and subtitles the other has none of these options at all

What software could I use to be able to blend them together so to have one movie on a dual layer disc with audio and subtitle options

2. blueicedj macrumors 6502

3. DrWho thread starter macrumors newbie

DrWho

4. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

You could try:

Extract all data on both with MacTheRipper. Then, swap the Audio_TS folder from each movie and then burn the Video and Audio folders from the new combination in Toast onto a dual-layer DVD. See what happens.

5. Bunsen macrumors member

That won't do anything, the Audio_TS folder is an obsolete holdover from music on DVD's which didn't sell. It does not hold the audio for your movies, in fact, it's probably an empty folder.
    All the video, audio and subtitle info for a DVD movie are multiplexed in the files like "VTS_01_0.VOB" in the VIDEO_TS folder. You can separate the audio and video with Mpeg Streamclip, and then swap them and re-mux them, but I'm not sure about the subtitles.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

7. blueicedj macrumors 6502

well if you don't mind it looking a little funky. Rip the good looking movies, rip the features, burn them together in iDVD