Same old problem: Files cannot be moved...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nwngeek212, Jun 26, 2011.

1. nwngeek212 macrumors newbie

I've got the same problems of fragmented files. The problem is that I already ran iDefrag multiple times, and my files ARE NOT fragmented. Yet I still get this same error dialog every time I try to partition. Is there any way to fix this. Again: I've already defragmented and the drive does not look fragmented at all.

Thanks!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

How full is your HDD?

You may want to consider what I told the other recent poster.

Use CCC to image your drive to an external and use that to boot from so you can wipe the internal and restore the clone. (Or take this time to upgrade your internal if you are on a Mac where that is straightforward.)

B

3. nwngeek212 thread starter macrumors newbie

My mac

its a late 2008 aluminum unibody macbook (the one Apple renamed 13 inch MacBook Pro)

It has a 250.06 GB hard drive with 131.6 GB free. I don't have any access to an external harddrive right now, I might be able to get access. Are you sure there is no other way to do this? Thanks

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

How much were you trying to allocate to Windows?

I don't know of any way to figure out what exactly is stopping it from resizing. So the only way is moving everything out of the way.

B