Same popping noise but different white point, which one keep?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by qap, Aug 18, 2011.

1. qap, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

qap macrumors 6502

qap

Hi, I've got a problem: my old iMac sometimes "popping/clicking", I don't know what is (Is a BTO iMac with SSD only), i've asked for a new one. The new one make the same noise, totally random "click/tclick/pop" sound, looks likè a relè, but these two monitors have a different calibration.

The one on the left is cold and white looks more "violet", the one on the right is warm, brighter and the white looks "orange", but both two looks don't have the "yellow tinge", because the bars are the same and color is uniform in both, only a "different panel".

Anyway this click sound is very strange, I can hear a "tick" from the left side near the bottom, also when is in stop o shutdown :confused: maybe the capacitors? But is normal that both two makes exactly the same random click?

Thanks for the help

Attached Files:

2. macman1man macrumors newbie

If it makes weird noises RMA. If the monitor White point is off and you can't correct it RMA. All the replacements you get will have something not quite right with them though, i have gone through 5 2011 iMac's and all have had different problems.

3. qap thread starter macrumors 6502

qap

Apple just told me that after 4 replacment I can't get another, mhhh... I can only get my money back and make a new order :confused: But i will order the same, what's the difference…?

By the way, which one you will keep?

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Quite right too! ;)

In all fairness, I think you are being nitpicking to the extreme. Personally, I can see nothing wrong with the pictures of your display. You can, if you wish, follow the herd of wingers and complainers who seem to take pride in bragging about how many machines they have exchanged but don't forget that we all see differently. Some are more sensitive to yellow than others - this is particularly prevalent as one gets older. Corrections to the display can be made by altering the colour profile. Have you tried this?

5. qap thread starter macrumors 6502

qap

The imac on the right is a slight bit more yellowish on bottom… really small "amount" but I choosed to keep the old one, the monitor is perfect and withouth dead pixels (on the new one is POSSIBLE that some pixels will dead after 4-5 days like one that I owned 3 months ago).

Anyway I can still ask to get money in 14 days (12 now :D ) and send also this iMac to Apple… but I think this is the "more perfect" that apple can make :rolleyes: