same question (mB or pro) but also: should I wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maxtivoli, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. maxtivoli macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2007
    #1
    Rumors are always flying here, but the new one is that there will be an ultralight 13" MBP by the end of the year. I am replacing my 12" powerbook; the size has been part of why I love it, and part of why I may get a macbook and not a pro. But if there's something much better coming...should I wait? I am a novelist, so my computer is basically a word processor and web interface. No games, no movie editing, etc (not yet, anyway). My old powerbook is fading away, however, and I am tempted just to replace it before total failure. What do you think?
     
  2. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #2
    go with the Macbook it was recently updated, and it should last you for a long time doing what you do. if you wait then you could end up waiting for a very long time for a 12" MBP if it ever comes.
     
  3. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

    Tumeg101

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Orange County, California
    #3
    I think you should at least wait for Leopard, by then there should be some firm evidence that apple will be coming out with a 13" MBP by then, so I say wait until October(for leopard)
     

Share This Page