Same Samsung memory found in stock Unibody Macbooks/MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fuzzycuffs, Dec 7, 2008.

1. fuzzycuffs macrumors member

fuzzycuffs

So I'm waiting for this whole weird RAM thing to settle itself. OWC has good prices but I've heard too many stories about crashes that I'd rather wait. Same with Crucial, et al.

But I have seen Samsung DD3 4gb sodimm kits going on eBay. For example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAMSUNG-4GB-2X2...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I keep hearing about Samsung memory being the stock ram in the MB/MBP. Is this the same type of modules? Anyone have any experience with the ones from eBay?

Seems like a good seller (fastflashstore), but I seriously haven't purchased anything from eBay in a looooong time.

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

thats the ram i got for my macbook, works great

3. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Try to get the live.com search discount (30%!) on ebay, you'll see ads for it with adblock/safariblock turned off if you browse around a bit. Samsung electronics is a common oem provider, its not a big shock to hear they're doing the ram.

4. fuzzycuffs thread starter macrumors member

fuzzycuffs

Hmm... it might just be timing, but right now live.com cashback is only offering 8%. :(

Maybe I'll wait. :D

5. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

no that's not the same. it even basically says that in the auction page.

6. socco macrumors regular

I bought the same thing back when the live.com cashback was 30%. Haven't got it yet, and my new macbook won't be arriving until the end of the week anyways. But if I can remember this thread I'll let you know how it works for me.

7. hmai18 macrumors 6502