Same spellcheck as keyboard layout

Discussion in 'macOS' started by flipop, May 13, 2007.

1. flipop macrumors newbie

Hello,

I change a lot between Swedish and English keyboard layout depending on which language I'm writing in. (I use Ctrl + Space as a shortcut.)

Is there any way to configure so that the spellcheck always is in the same language as the keyboard layout?

Regards,
    Filip

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

See this you can set it in Text Edit but not Pages.

3. flipop thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but this doesn't do what I want to. The thing with the multilingual dictionary is that both the Swedish and English dictionary is used, which I don't want to. I want to have Swedish with my Swedish keyboard layout. And British with my British.

f

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

But what's wrong with the Multilingual option? Though I agree what you want to do would be nice (though as someone who only speaks English it's no biggy for me.)

5. flipop thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello again!

The problem is that multilingual uses both languages at the same time. E.g. if I write a document in English (with multilingual) and write bok instead of book, it thinks it's correctly spelled since book in Swedish is spelled bok.

/f

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Ah, hmm there should be some shareware out there to do it, unfortunately the code to change Keyboard layouts is rubbish, and I don't know how to make a menu bar application otherwise I'd have a go.