Same Startup Video?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Blakeasd, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Blakeasd macrumors 6502a

I was looking the the Setup Assistant resources and I have found that Lion has the same startup video as Leopard. Here is the path to see for yourself:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources

When does Apple change the startup video or do you think that that it will be the same as Leopard's?

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

It's gonna be the same video. If you watch it again, you'll see that it easily suits Leopard, Snow Leopard as well as Lion. All three feature space. Plus, nowhere in the video does it reveal the name of the OS X.

Just my 2¢.

3. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Jesus God in Heaven, I hope they change it. We've been hearing the same one since September of 2007. I can't imagine the royalties for "Exodus Honey" by Honeycut. :eek:

4. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

:rolleyes: lol, I really hope as well, that they change the intro video, its ok to see it twice for Leopard and Snow Leopard, but Lion is a different cat so should be a different video.

5. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

I believe previously they only ever changed it in the actual GM build of the OS.

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I think they'll change it. It's a new OS. They haven't even bothered to put the actual gesture videos in the Trackpad/Mouse system preference yet. We're still a few builds out from GM.

7. celticpride678

Snow Leopard was also a new OS...same video though.

There's no doubt that there will be at least one more update before GM.

8. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I think they'll remove it. As a matter of fact, I didn't see any sort of Welcome video when I installed Lion (if I remembered correctly).

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

My guess would be a similar intro to iOS 5 setup.

10. buckers macrumors 6502

You guys are probably right, but it would be a shame to lose it.

11. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

The video only shows up if you clean install Lion. If you upgrade, it'll take you straight to the desktop.

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I am glad that someone is interested in the first startup video. :D

13. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Yeah, this is a real world problem. We all install Lion DP every 15 minutes, so we need a SOLUTION for this REAL problem! Not!?

;)

14. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

ersonally I want it, preferably a new one, but even without a new one, just so when I clean upgrade my boatload of Lion Macs I can see if I can time it right so I get Exodus Honey in sync across all my Macs... I was 3 seconds out with Snow Leopard.

15. larkost macrumors 6502a

If you are doing clean installs on more than 5 computers, then you are wasting a lot of time. Go look up InstaDMG and do clean restores instead. Even if you are just doing the base OS with no customizations it will take you down to 5 minutes or so per machine, and you can do that in parallel if you use broadcast.

And if you don't turn it off, you still go through the startup video.

16. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

SL was not really a new OS, but a improved version of Leopard.

17. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

That's a pretty big statement. Certainly wasn't a big visual change, but the under the hood improvements made 10.6 one of the biggest upgrades to OS X so far.

18. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

Well, I am no expert, but SL was basically a sequel to Leopard. It did not really have a "new identity" and UI more or less the same. The price was very low as well. I see it like a big Service Pack. Yes, the under the hood was a big update in order to boost performances and so on, but thats all.

Seeing Lion as a bigger turn, UI changed, under the hood as well, many more features, and even the distribution method. So based on that, I hope to see a new intro video :)