Samsung 206BW hooked up to a new 15'' MBP: Grainy

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by clamothe, Jun 6, 2008.

1. clamothe macrumors newbie

I have a Samsung 206BW, that has worked absolutely fine for me on my PC.

When I hook it up to my new macbook pro, it's grainy. The fonts aren't very smooth.. etc.

I've tried setting the correct syncs with SwitchResX, but that didn't make a bit of different.

Any ideas? The monitor supports Mac OS X, although there are no drivers made for it.

2. bplein macrumors 6502

bplein

Sounds like you aren't running the monitor at it's native resolution (the hint is that fonts are different). Have you tried running it at 1680x1050 (its native resolution)?

Also, are you using a DVI-VGA converter and the VGA input on the monitor, or a pure DVI-DVI connection through the DVI port on the monitor?

3. clamothe thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using the native resolution of 1680x1050 and I'm hooked up directly through DVI-Digital.

The issue is not an incorrect resolution, it is a grainyness and aliasing of the fonts / colors.

4. bplein macrumors 6502

bplein

That is strange. Effects similar to aliasing is what one gets on non-native resolutions. I have a similar monitor hooked up to a MBP (same resolution) and it's clarity is the same as the Mac's LCD, with differences in color and brightness.

Best of luck...