Samsung 27 inch LED Vs 27 inch LED ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Raidersmojo, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Raidersmojo macrumors regular

Looking at upgrading one of my monitors and trying to decide between the apple 27 LED cinema display and Samsung 27-Inch 1080p LED-Backlit Monitor.

Thought I would throw it out to all of you knowledgeable people ;) I will be using it mostly for webpages, gaming, video/photo editing, etc.

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

The Apple display has a much higher resolution than the Samsung. 2560x1440 on the Apple vs 1920x1080 on the Samsung. The pixels per inch would be much better on the Apple. If you can afford the higher price, I would go for that.

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I'm not sure about Samsung's warranty length. Most displays have a longer default warranty than the Apple. In Apple's case their default warranty is basically a year on everything with the exception of accessories. The Samsung would probably give you better gaming framerates given that it's driving fewer pixels. Reviews look pretty good on it. The price is significantly different. The implementation in the Apple TBD is probably more expensive, including the panel used. In general, LED is not ideal for photo editing. It's unlikely to match the hue of printed outputs, but photos will still look fine on your display. Both use LED backlighting. It's pretty much taken over the sub $1000 range.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

+1 for the ACD. The improved resolution is VERY worth it.

1080p is kind of low for a monitor.

5. lc25 macrumors 6502

As you have said gaming and editing i would lean towards the ACD if you had said just for webpages or iTunes/documents ect i would have said save the cash. ACD will also hold a fair chunk of its value so you can't really go wrong.