Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Hey there!

I have a nice Sony w300i for my CellularOne subscription plan, but was given a shared plan phone from my family to be used *just* for calling them and using its unlimited texts. Its a Samsung A640 and is very nice, aside from the fact that I can't seem to add entries to the T9 dictionary!

Bluetooth syncing with the PowerBook and the iMac work great, everything else is cool. How do I get this new addition to my Tech Family to add entries to the T9 dictionary to make texting easier?! Some Canadian phone forum said its possible, but doesn't mention how, and I didn't want to create an account just to ask how.

Thanks, folks!

If some of you are a member, here's the link to the site. Canadian Cellphone Users' Forum

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
Any ideas as to which forum I should go to to search for help? I've searched high and low and have found no clues.

you can try "Howard Forums," which is popular for cell phones..

As far as i know, my Samsung A900 (the blade) does not have user learn t9, meaning you physically can not teach the phone new t9 input, but i am not sure about your phone =(

Delysid

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2006
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Which phone syncs great?

Hi im_to_hyper,

In a post to Mac Forums a while back, you wrote:

I have a nice Sony w300i for my CellularOne subscription plan, but was given a shared plan phone from my family... Its a Samsung A640....

Bluetooth syncing with the PowerBook and the iMac work great....

Which phone are you referring to when you say Bluetooth syncing was great: the Sony w300i or the Samsung a640?

I'm considering getting the Samsung a640, and am trying to figure out whether and how it can communicate with my Mac, mainly for syncing contacts and calendar.

Your earlier posting quoted above was several months ago. How has the Samsung a640 been working for you over the long haul? And how has it been for Mac connectivity, both Bluetooth and USB?

I'm also looking at the recently released Samsung m300, which seems to be pretty much feature identical to the a640, but with better looks, a colour external display, and a flat continuous keypad rather than discrete clicky buttons.

The m300 must have come out quite recently, as there aren't many reviews of it online yet. But the reviews that have appeared so far, from both users and review site writers, have not been very positive. Do you know anything about how it measures up against the a640?

Thx!
- D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.