Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
I am about to buy a samsung a900 cell phone and was wondering how the bluetooth would work with my powerbook. would i be able to use the phone as a remote for presentations? or just for sending and recieving pics.

peterparker

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Houston
I haven't used the A900 for either of the purposes mentioned. But I have transfered entries from Address Book to the phone and used Sprint's phone as modem plan to provide Internet access for my PowerBook through the phone. Also works with iPhoto.

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
can you send and receive calls through the computer when using bluetooth? and is it easy to set up to use the phone as a modem?

peterparker

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Houston
broncoball said:
can you send and receive calls through the computer when using bluetooth? and is it easy to set up to use the phone as a modem?

Send and receive calls through the computer? Not sure what you mean. The phone as modem is easy to setup, I use the USB cable for that though. Works via Bluetooth also.

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
I just got the a900 and now when i have the camera facing me and try to take a picture it comes out upside down. is this normal? is there a way to fix it?

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
There is a button you can press, I believe it's on the side of the screen that while in photo mode, it rotates the image 180 degrees. Thats how you take pictures and have them not come out upside down.

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
iv been trying to load songs onto the a900 from my powerbook by dragging them into the media folder but when i do it says it can't be transfered because it cant be modified? how do u upload songs onto the a900?
I think it is reading the phone as a read only. is there any way to still load the songs on?

peterparker

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Houston
I'm not using the phone as modem anymore, but I've gotten the best information from sprintusers.com forums. Whether bluetooth or USB cable it was pretty simple. #777 for phone number, Sprint for modem script. If bluetooth it is configured in System Preferences -> Bluetooth, for USB cable in System Preferences -> Network (Samsung something or another will be listed along with other network devices).

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
when i try to connect on my phone it says "registration failure. Your PSC Vision usernamea nd or passowrd may be incorrect"

broncoball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
KC
pianodude123 said:
How about finding a way to get songs onto the phone from a mac?

IS this possible!?!?

no its not possible. i've tried and emailed samsung and they said it doesnt support mac. the only way is to do it through a pc.

crblack24

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas, TX
pianodude123 said:
How about finding a way to get songs onto the phone from a mac?

IS this possible!?!?

The best way I do it is to connect via bluetooth, but make sure the ftp exchange is the media folder (you do this on your phone under setttings-->bluetooth). Choose Browse device on bluetooth on your computer, then upload the song you want.

Realize, you can only play them in your media player, and can't be used as ringers.

crblack24

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas, TX
mp3 Ringers

I have figured out how to use shortened mp3's as ringers (using sites like http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint to upload to the phone, then assigning them upon download). But, I have one I want to use as my vm ringer, but only shows me 2 of the ringers I have downloaded. I am using a homemade mp3 ringer as the default ringer, but for some reason the messaging ringers won't let me use them.

Any ideas??

shayaan

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2006
broncoball said:
when i try to connect on my phone it says "registration failure. Your PSC Vision usernamea nd or passowrd may be incorrect"

I have the same problem.... anyone have any ideas?

Danger! Will

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
Phoenix, Arizona USA
For phone as modem an the error
Your PSC Vision username and or passowrd may be incorrect

Goto
Menu
Settings
Display
Then Press 0
Enter 040793
Go Down See of their is an option to toggle NAI
turn nai off
power cycle your phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.