Samsung/Android tones

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by DiamondGCoupe, Aug 23, 2012.

1. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Does anyone know where I can download some of the sms tones from a Samsung or Android device so I can change the default tri-tone on my iPhone 4S?? Don't really like any of the other tones or anything on iTunes..

2. Calidude, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012

Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

This thread on XDA has links to a collection of ringtones taken from many Android phones as well as the WP7.5 OS. It's a huge 245 MB collection, but its worth it for people who aren't looking for a dumb pop song to put on their device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=910180

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

There is an app called Zedge in the Google Play store. The app has hundreds of thousands of notifications and ring tones. Luckily, I believe they also have a Web Site here: http://www.zedge.net, which I think has Flash, so use your Mac or pc to download what you want, then push it to your phone as a ring tone, unless you are jail broken then you can do it however you want.

But, as I recall the iphone needs the audio files in. caf format, but all you have to do is manually change the. m4a or mp3 to .caf
    So, make sure you change the extension of the file before putting it on the iphone.

4. DiamondGCoupe thread starter macrumors 6502

5. DiamondGCoupe thread starter macrumors 6502

I went through most of the tones from that huge archive, really nothing great or recent tones from like the Samsung S3.. Anywhere else to find those type of notifcation tones?

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

7. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

You could have just said you wanted the S3 tones.

I beg to differ, though. Some of those tones are keepers, like Ascension for Notifications.

8. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Zedge is your best way to go. They have the S3 "nature" tones which I for one, detest.

9. DanteMann macrumors 6502

Here You go, taken directly from a GS3. GS3 Sound Pack.

10. DiamondGCoupe thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks now how the heck do you get them on your iPhone when it's sync'd to iCloud? When I connect to my computer it will whipe my entire phone since it's sync'd to iCloud or just the media, which is 2 songs?

11. DiamondGCoupe thread starter macrumors 6502

How do I get a tone on my phone if it's sync'd to iCloud? When I connect to iTunes it wants to erase everything..

12. DiamondGCoupe, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

DiamondGCoupe thread starter macrumors 6502

Figured it out. Had to convert the ogg to m4r changing the file name wouldn't work. Then used Leawo iTransfer to put files on. Had some issues with other transfer programs because of iOS6.