Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Wow! This phone looks very nice! Why can they do this with the Galaxy S5?

Ativ-SE.png

The Ativ SE is a Windows Phone device that is exclusive to Verizon. Last week, a press render of the device leaked by @evleaks revealed the UI as well as the fact that the device features a 5-inch (or larger) full-HD screen. The image also showcased resizable Live Tiles, which is a feature added in Windows Phone 8 GDR3. The Ativ SE will work on Verizon’s LTE network, which indicates a high possibility of a Snapdragon 400/Snapdragon 800 chipset. Benchmarks of the device suggested a quad-core Snapdragon CPU, but it is unclear as to which Snapdragon will be used in the device.

The device is also said to feature a 13-megapixel camera, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. The release date has not been confirmed yet. It has been originally theorized that the device will be announced at the Mobile World Congress, but that wasn’t the case. With new Windows Phone handsets from a host of new hardware vendors set to launch over the next quarter, it is likely that the Ativ SE will make its debut sometime next month as well.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
What do you mean?

You like the fake metal or the massive Verizon logo??

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
What do you mean?

You like the fake metal or the massive Verizon logo??

Well...to me that back looks better than the gaudy flashy colors the S5 was shown to have.....

I don't see Verizon anywhere ...i do see 4G LTE which every carrier has......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.