Samsung CLP-310 Printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by grosslyclever, Apr 2, 2010.

1. grosslyclever macrumors member

Hello,

I have the Samsung CLP-310 printer.
    I hooked it up to my network and everything and the wireless printing works great.
    Recently I had to take the printer out, so I unplugged it from my modem and plugged it in somewhere else for USB use.

I tried printing something, forgetting that I couldn't print wirelessly anymore.

The weird thing is:

It printed! It wasn't connected to my modem. It was just plugged into the wall for power!

Does anyone know why it prints without being connected to anything besides the wall outlet?

It's kind of freaking me out.

Thanks,
    GC

2. Tweak3D macrumors regular

The CLP-310 has a brother, the CLP 310W which printer wirelessly without being connected to the modem. You probably set it up for wireless and you actually it up to print as a wireless printer too. I've seen that several times before in my years of setting these things up for people. Check the model on the sticker. I am guessing that is your issue.

3. grosslyclever thread starter macrumors member

I still don't understand how it's possible.

4. Tweak3D macrumors regular

if you have a CLP-310W then your printer has wireless and does not need to be hooked up to your modem with a wire.... its wireless.... Thats the only way to explain what is happening.