Samsung CLP-315 color laser printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sir42, Jul 14, 2008.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

Has anyone purchased the Samsung CLP-315 color laser printer? I'm curious to know if people are liking it.

2. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

Haven't seen it, but if you looking for a good all in one color laser for the home check out the Xerox Phaser 6180MFP. Thats my next purchase.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I had a Samsung color laser -- I believe it was the CLP-310. Cheap, but still not worth having at any price. Strangely enough, I bought the aforementioned Xerox to replace it, which is substantially better, though also more expensive.

4. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

We have a colour laser here - the HP Colour LaserJet 2550n, straight from the top end of the Apple Store as reccomended by Apple.

It prints well, but it eats expensive colour toner cartridges for breakfast almost everyday. I have set everyone's print options to B+W only, but it still needs regular replacement of the colour toners. Not happy.

Now we need to buy an all-in-one BW laser printer to do copying, scanning, BW duties etc. Any recommendations? I've been looking at the online reviews but can't pick anything out.

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I had that printer. It died after a few months of use. Samsung won't replace it.Arg.

I had to go out and buy another printer. I bought the samsung CLX 2160 (same thing but also has scanner/copier). I don't know why , but that was the best choice at the time. I don't discriminate against brands - just because I had one bad experience doesn't mean all the others too.

I've had this printer for almost a year and it's been working great. It sounds terrible though.

6. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

I purchased the CLP-315 last week and have so far really liked it. I was going to purchase the ScanSnap S510M for my scanning needs, but I just noticed the Samsung CLX-3175FN color laser/scanner/copier/fax and am now considering trading in my 315 for the 3175FN. Has anyone used the scanning feature on the 3175FN?

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

Yeah, HP's supplies expire. Used or not. As you mentioned, they are also quite expensive. Especially the drum + toner cartridges.

As a result, I've looked elsewhere, and stumbled across Brother's products. No problems as of yet, and consumables are reasonable. :eek: :)
    Good quality, reliable, and the supplies are less expensive per page. One slight caveat though, some models can have issues with envelopes. (i.e Lunch). :D

Color Only: HL-4040CN or HL-4070CDW
    All in One: DCP-9045CDN
    (Not sure exactly what you need)

Might be worth taking a look.