Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeStevens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Hi. I''m trying to install the Samsung CLP-365W on my MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012 with OS 10.8.4.

This computer does not have a disc drive so I cannot use the CD to install the software. I''ve tried to download and install the driver software from your website. I note that the software versions go to OC10.6. I have followed your instructions and changed the security settings so that OS10.8 can be downloaded.

When I try to print I get a message SPL-C ERROR - IllegalResolution

Can you advise me how I can install the software please, if this is the problem that I am having.

Thank you.

MikeStevens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
I'm not sure where you're downloading the driver from, but try here:
http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/CLP-365W/XAA-downloads
There's only one Mac version, 5.0, and it's a small file. It downloaded fine for me.
Edit
That link isn't specific enough. After clicking it, choose drivers on the left.

Mr Brightside

Thank you for that.
However I have downloaded from the link you suggest.

Although on that page it says Mac OS 10.4 - 10.8 when I open the zip file I only see 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6.

There is the advice to change my security settings to allow download of 10.8 and I've done that. I still don't see 10.8.

Can I ask if this is the problem I am having, that is I have an incorrect driver?

I am new to this so I find it rather difficult.

Thank you again for your help

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Mr Brightside

Thank you for that.
However I have downloaded from the link you suggest.

Although on that page it says Mac OS 10.4 - 10.8 when I open the zip file I only see 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6.

There is the advice to change my security settings to allow download of 10.8 and I've done that. I still don't see 10.8.

Can I ask if this is the problem I am having, that is I have an incorrect driver?

I am new to this so I find it rather difficult.

Thank you again for your help
I'm not sure why that's happening. For mine I went thru two folders and then there was a .pkg installer file that I opened and started the installation process. My security settings were already open.

MikeStevens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
I'm not sure why that's happening. For mine I went thru two folders and then there was a .pkg installer file that I opened and started the installation process. My security settings were already open.

Thanks again. I'll try Samsung Support.

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.