Samsung Experience 9.0 Infographic. This Looks Good

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Sevanw, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Sevanw Suspended

Sevanw

I personally think Samsung is single handedly responsible for putting Android where it is today in popularity. Prior to the Galaxy line, Google just wasn'd doing much with Android. Google has even taken many Samsung features and added them to Android. TouchWiz has come along way, and now the Samsung Experience software is only getting better. Check out version 9.0.

[​IMG]

2. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68020

co.ag.2005

does this mean they'll actually allow animated GIFs in the stock messaging app? The reason I never use Samsung messages.

3. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Dex is the only thing Samsung is doing that I find interesting

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I hope they don't get rid of swiping down from anywhere on the Homescreen to access notifications in favor of search.

The improved keyboard is highly welcomed.

5. yui4 macrumors 6502a

Is this available for the note 8 and is it just for the snapdragon version like the Oreo beta?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 3, 2018 ---
    IMO this is why Samsung are leading the way, always improving even the smallest details that actually useful in day to day use. I don’t own a Samsung atm but this sort of stuff makes me want to go back

6. JaySoul macrumors 68030

JaySoul

Undoubtedly Samsung are really putting in work, great stuff!!

7. SteveJUAE macrumors 68030

SteveJUAE

Really? I can with my S8+

8. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68020

co.ag.2005

In the Samsung messaging app? I couldn't on my S8 or Note 8 (IIRC) unless it's a new Oreo feature. I don't have either of those phones anymore.

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Samsung does a really nice job trying to wow the customers with their hardware and their software extras. My issue with them on the most recent Samsung, the S8+, is that my husband and I have both endured a lot of lag on our devices. I didn’t run into too much lag on my S7 or S7 Edge or Note 7, but I guess I didn’t keep them as daily drivers long enough to develop lag. I’ve held onto my S8+ and given it a lot of my time and attention. I’m going to keep an open mind about what I can hope for in the coming iteration of the Samsung Experience/TouchWiz. But I really hope they’re licking that “Lagwiz” reputation.

10. SteveJUAE macrumors 68030

SteveJUAE

Yes completely stock, not Oreo, even tried it on my old S7, must be you :)

11. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68020

co.ag.2005

Must be... Hmm. Definitely misremembering then o_O

12. Breaking Good macrumors 65816

Personally, I find Samsung is doing a lot of interesting things. But I'm very interested in Dex. I've read rumors of a new DeX station coming. I hope it launches along side the S9 and S9+ on the 25th.