Samsung F1 oscillating humming? Driving me mad!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Akula971, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Akula971 macrumors regular

Akula971

Hi Guys,

I replaced my main drive, the 320GB with a 750GB Samsung F1. It seems to work fine. However it seems to have set up some sort of sympathetic vibration in the mac pro, which sounds like Hummm Hummm Hummm. Where as all the other things that cause noise in the case are a consistant and steady tone, this one is not. It's driving me nuts. Is this normal to be making this noise? I've tried it in different bays and it makes no difference. Any idea?

UPDATE I've taken all the drives out except the F1, as I installed another DVD drive and three HD's and the noise has gone, so I'm now going to load each drive and review.

2. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

a noisy mac pro :eek:

I enjoy the silence, well i did till i noticed a kinda rythmic hum/vibrate, but after putting it down to the hard drives causing a slight vibration, an old mouse mat, cut up and put under the case feet seemed to cure the problem, but mines desk mounted on a solid surface. Might help with some noise issues ;)

3. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I have 2 of these drives in my computer. They are whisper quite. I never owned a computer so quite and I have 4 HDD in there. :apple: