Samsung Galaxy not mounting on desktop

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by eyeangle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. eyeangle macrumors member

eyeangle

Whenever I connect my Samsung Galaxy Mini via USB to my PC it mounts automatically but not on my mac. Do I need additional software? The phone charges and says it's connected but I can't access the SD card in it. I downloaded PdaNetMac so I'm able to connect to the internet through my android but it's just not mounting the SD card on the desktop. Please help.

Usually when I connect to the PC an option comes up on the phone that says "Connect to PC?" and I click yes. But this doesn't happen when I connect it to my mac.

2. brendu macrumors 68020

On your mac, open finder and go to the menu bar at the top of the screen. Click finder and then preferences. Then make sure there is a check mark next to external disks for what to display on the desktop. Not sure if it will help your problem but it's a start.

3. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Android File Transfer

4. eyeangle thread starter macrumors member

eyeangle

brendu > there is a check mark next to external disks.

Partron22 > thanks this should have worked but the SD drive is still not showing up. I'm trying to find a solution but if you have any other ideas please let me know.

5. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Nook HD used to need a special nook-only version of Android File Transfer.
    Have you checked the Samsung Galaxy Mini website for something like that?
    Even w the lawsuits, I'd be surprised if they didn't mention of Macs at all.

6. bobdamnit macrumors regular