Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
Really want to pick this one up at launch but that centered front camera is looking odd! Id' rather have the camera like the S10. :(

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Latest Galaxy Note 10 leaks confirms specs, S-Pen features, cameras, release date

https://9to5google.com/2019/07/23/galaxy-note-10-specs-leak/

Even Blass says there will be a micro SD card slot on the note 10 +

“Notably, there’s no microSD card slot on the Galaxy Note 10, but the Note 10+ does apparently offer one, at least according to Evan Blass”

Evan Blass further noted on his now-private Twitter account that both the Note 10 and the Note 10+ will be powered by a Snapdragon 855+ processor, going against previous reports

Last edited:

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Latest Galaxy Note 10 leaks confirms specs, S-Pen features, cameras, release date

“Notably, there’s no microSD card slot on the Galaxy Note 10, but the Note 10+ does apparently offer one, at least according to Evan Blass”

Evan Blass further noted on his now-private Twitter account that both the Note 10 and the Note 10+ will be powered by a Snapdragon 855+ processor, going against previous reports
I expect a SD slot as it makes it easier for the dual sim version we get normally :)

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019

The phone looks thick enough to hold a card slot same time whats the point having it if the base model is coming with 256 GB

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
The phone looks thick enough to hold a card slot same time whats the point having it if the base model is coming with 256 GB
As I noted above :) Dual sim variant makes it easy for markets that do not get dual sim as standard the option of SD

The markets with the biggest population normally get dual sim/SD option as standard

If the space is already allocated for dual sim, for an extra $1 you may as well have SD

Reactions: Healer Flame

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Zoom audio would get me interested. Wish I had that feature for all of the school pageants and plays and musicals I’ve recorded over the years. Well at least I’ll have it for my great nieces and nephews and any grandchildren I may live to see. And I did manage to get a lightning mic that served a similar purpose for my iPhone 7 Plus.

LG had been good at introducing really useful desirable features way ahead of Samsung and Apple. I sometimes wish I’d gone ahead and given them a try.

I’m not massively chomping at the bit for this new Note, but at least now I’m stirred out of complete apathy.

Edit to add, I’m talking about the Note 10+. I don’t see any reason for me to consider the smaller Note 10 since it’s too much like my S10+ but with an S pen.

Note 10+ is way too big but it would be like the old Nexus small tablet my husband let me play around with many years ago to see how I liked Android. I really liked that tablet.

I can’t see me lugging this thing around as a phone, though. That’s fine. My iPhone fills that niche anyway.

Yeah I could see the 10+ filling a sensible niche. I just don’t know about giving up my s10+ to get it. Oh well definitely not in any rush unless they’re doing some crazy preorder can’t resist trade in deal or something.

Last edited:

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I've been eyeing the Note 10, but it just isn't doing it for me. Likely will become a beta tester for the Fold with its new release date in September. Can't believe I would do that, but maxed out Note 10 is probably $1500 vs $1980, not a huge difference to try new form factor.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
So I see they’re offering $600 trade in value on my S10+. I paid under $500 for it after trade in of my S9+.

But jeez that still means coming up a lot of money for it. I don’t think there’s enough under the sofa cushions!

Reactions: Peterg2

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
So I see they’re offering $600 trade in value on my S10+. I paid under $500 for it after trade in of my S9+.

But jeez that still means coming up a lot of money for it. I don’t think there’s enough under the sofa cushions!

I bet you can trade in the sofa too, then.... just will have to settle for sitting / laying on the floor from now on ;)

Reactions: 5105973

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
Wow, absolutely loving this. So I think I'm igonna go with the Note 10 Plus for 2 years, and then the 3rd Gen Galaxy Fold. I'm really loving the secure folder with Knox security. I don't see myself leaving Samsung because of Knox. Security is too important to me. This S7 Edge is my first Samsung, but I'm actually showing other long time Samsung users how to use secure folder. Lol.

Screenshot_20190726-152724_Twitter.jpg

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Wow, absolutely loving this. So I think I'm igonna go with the Note 10 Plus for 2 years, and then the 3rd Gen Galaxy Fold. I'm really loving the secure folder with Knox security. I don't see myself leaving Samsung because of Knox. Security is too important to me. This S7 Edge is my first Samsung, but I'm actually showing other long time Samsung users how to use secure folder. Lol.

View attachment 850017
I can possibly see myself getting one, but at this size it’s not going to be out and about with me as much. It will get a lot of travel use and home use but it’s not going into my purse much. It’s already hard to get my S10+ or Pixel 3XL in there.

Which is fine. I’m pretty much resigned to getting the 11r as my main go everywhere phone. I tried using my husband’s XS Max to see if any of the iOS updates changed how the display affects me and almost ended up with a seizure. Maybe Apple will change the display for 2019 so I can use it. Maybe not. I like the size of the Xr/11r so the Max sized iPhone is kind of ruled out for me anyway.

So, one smallish phone (by current standards) and one phablet probably isn’t a bad combo.

I don’t want to give up the headphone jack on my S10+ though. But if I’m locked out of the 3 camera combo on the iPhone side then I’m going to want the most butt-kicking cameras on my Android phone. Those cameras look like major butt kickers. I know a lot of people don’t like Samsung cameras but I have gotten some incredible photos from them. Controlling blur is the challenge on them and iPhones in low light. At least for me.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I can possibly see myself getting one, but at this size it’s not going to be out and about with me as much. It will get a lot of travel use and home use but it’s not going into my purse much. It’s already hard to get my S10+ or Pixel 3XL in there.

Which is fine. I’m pretty much resigned to getting the 11r as my main go everywhere phone. I tried using my husband’s XS Max to see if any of the iOS updates changed how the display affects me and almost ended up with a seizure. Maybe Apple will change the display for 2019 so I can use it. Maybe not. I like the size of the Xr/11r so the Max sized iPhone is kind of ruled out for me anyway.

So, one smallish phone (by current standards) and one phablet probably isn’t a bad combo.

I don’t want to give up the headphone jack on my S10+ though. But if I’m locked out of the 3 camera combo on the iPhone side then I’m going to want the most butt-kicking cameras on my Android phone. Those cameras look like major butt kickers. I know a lot of people don’t like Samsung cameras but I have gotten some incredible photos from them. Controlling blur is the challenge on them and iPhones in low light. At least for me.

The smaller Note 10 is rumored to have the same specs but at 6.3” (and smaller bezels), it would make it a little smaller than the S10+ (6.4”). While I’m disappointed that it seems it will have a curved edge, I think this might be a good size for my larger phone, plus I do love the spen.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
that looks like a nightmare to use! I already had way too many false touches on the more subtle curve of the S10+, I can't imagine the number of false touches on that thing!
Same here......Doesn't look like anyone can hold that Oppo phone without touching the sides of the displays. What a nightmare false touches would be!

That is the problem with some of these phones that want to be all display....there is no way to hold them without touching the display. It becomes form over functionality....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.