Samsung Galaxy Note pro 12.2......replacing my iPad Air

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by jamezr, Oct 6, 2014.

1. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

I have been think about replacing my iPad Air 16GB cellular. It is a great tablet! Love it...but it was full. I was deleting things I did not need and some of my kids games and my music. then I thought WTF....why not get a larger capacity iPad? The I looked at what the cost would be. Then decided against it. It was way too expensive to buy another iPad with more storage and try to sell mine to recoup the cost. I wish my iPad had a SD card slot.
    So I looked at Craigslist and found someone wanting to go back to an iPad that had an Samsung Note pro 12.2. So we traded tablets! Straight across trade....
    All I can say is WOW the Note Pro 12 rocks! It is so fast and responsive! I am impressed with the options and features. I now have a SD Card slot. I have the stylus....
    But more important. I don't have to delete apps and music. The Note Pro is more future proof. The SD Card slot adds more flexibility as I can add more storage as my needs change. I don't have to buy a new tablet as my storage needs increases.
    Does anyone have any must have apps for the Note Pro 12? Any great apps for the stylus?

2. mrex, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

not sure if it came with photoshop touch, but i like to use it by my note (10.1). probably it is not preinstalled anymore...

there is also app for raw formats (photo mate). havent use it myself though... (because i have PS Touch.)

sketchbook pro if you are an artist or wannabe =D

and of course, nova prime for a launcher.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Download ArtFlow for the best drawing application and of course sketchbook pro from Samsung's own store (as it's free from there)...

4. jamezr thread starter macrumors G4

jamezr

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

6. jamezr thread starter macrumors G4

jamezr

It is a little big....but it is light as well. Love the screen and how responsive it is......

7. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Loved my Note 12 when I had it but had to return it (twice) after repeated video glitches. Happy with my Surface Pro 3.

8. jamezr thread starter macrumors G4

jamezr

SP3 is a winner! I want one that is 12 inches or larger and with all day battery.....

9. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

That's what she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p:p

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

However - after 3 hours, the chafing begins to kick in and all day battery life begins to feel like a burden.... ;)