Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samsung Galaxy Note?

• No, I am waiting for the next gen iPhone.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • No, I am happy with what I have got.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Yes, I have already purchased one.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Maybe, I am still undecided.

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
This weekend I had the opportunity to talk to 4 Note users and this is the first thing they told me... The Note sucks up the battery like a hell... It wont last all day and you'll need to get a car charger or carry the outlet charger with you.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
This weekend I had the opportunity to talk to 4 Note users and this is the first thing they told me... The Note sucks up the battery like a hell... It wont last all day and you'll need to get a car charger or carry the outlet charger with you.

As a Galaxy Nexus user I have terrible battery life because I can't keep my hands off it. The LTE is actually faster than my home wifi so I chew through batteries like candy. But I have a portable external battery charger and 3 batteries in total. I always carry my charger with at least 1 battery and I have usb chargers in the car and at work. And I'd rather put the wear and tear on the external charger than putting the strain on the phone.
And just wait unit iphone 5 LTE is released. With no removable battery your going to be tied to a charger.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
As a Galaxy Nexus user I have terrible battery life because I can't keep my hands off it. The LTE is actually faster than my home wifi so I chew through batteries like candy. But I have a portable external battery charger and 3 batteries in total. I always carry my charger with at least 1 battery and I have usb chargers in the car and at work. And I'd rather put the wear and tear on the external charger than putting the strain on the phone.
And just wait unit iphone 5 LTE is released. With no removable battery your going to be tied to a charger.

I cellphone is a mobile device,.. Why would I need all those chargers and batteries on me when I get out of home?... Thats not so practicle, isnt it?

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
I cellphone is a mobile device,.. Why would I need all those chargers and batteries on me when I get out of home?... Thats not so practicle, isnt it?

Well..a spare battery for the biggest phone out there fits easily in your wallet, pocket, or car console. Not exactly a big inconvenience, especially when you get to use a gorgeous 5.3" screen instead of the tiny one Apple decided was the perfect size for everyone.

I can guarantee that is iPhone had a replaceable battery, it would be one of the first things users purchase. Just because it is not user replaceable, it isn't needed right?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Well..a spare battery for the biggest phone out there fits easily in your wallet, pocket, or car console. Not exactly a big inconvenience, especially when you get to use a gorgeous 5.3" screen instead of the tiny one Apple decided was the perfect size for everyone.

I can guarantee that is iPhone had a replaceable battery, it would be one of the first things users purchase. Just because it is not user replaceable, it isn't needed right?

I've never understood the arguments for why a user replaceable battery is not needed for the iPhone. As far as I can tell, Apple doesn't do it, so everyone thinks it's not needed. However, it's fine to take the phone in and let Apple charge you $99 for this "special" battery.

BTW, 11 hours in today, and I'm at 62% battery with two hours screen use with my Note (thanks to Juice Defender).

Dangerdog3000

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2009
I was in the AT&T store earlier today and I checked out the Galaxy Note while I was there. HOLY **** that screen is incredible. Although it's quite irrelevant since the damn thing is over 5 inches. Why would anyone want a phone that's 5.3 inches large.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
I seem to be on a roll lately.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/24/apple-applies-for-stylus-patent/

I wonder what all the cupertino sycophants have to say now?

Your first point: Nope.
Your second point: Nope.
Your third point (in bold): :D

You basically proved me right with your own words. Time to "get real".

Where in the video, or on the page does it say "DIS PRODUCTZ IS ENDORZD BY APPLEZ!" ?

Also when you're done being wrong, feel free to write me an apology thread like you did here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/985151/

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
i took the plunge and got the international version of the galaxy note the gt-n7000 and I was blown away on how much android improved from the last time I used it (Asus Transformer). I was one of those few that also flashed my old samsung galaxy tab 7 with a european rom that allowed you to make and receive calls as well as texts. I used it for 20 mins before ATT called me to tell me if I continued using it I would lose my data plan. It also opened my eyes to how much awesome it would be to have a phone/tablet device.

Then about a month ago I couldn't stop ignoring how people like Leo Laporte and even John C. Dvorak were gushing over the device. So i had to give it a try and luckily my contract was ending in June. In addition to the whole thing happening with Verizon and the grandfathering of their unlimited data plans kind of freaked me out. So I wanted to make sure I would be guaranteed that I would at least have my plan, in case ATT follows Verizon to a degree and changes it up with iPhone 5.

So i didn't know that the n7000 had no LTE, so I returned that and became a proud owner of a ATT i717 Samsung Note and 4g is awesome. Got the samsung charger so I have a battery charging or ready whenever I need it. Just swap out and keep going.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ETC-C...3FSQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338152896&sr=8-4

The battery life really isn't that big of a turn off for me. It was really difficult with my iphone 3gs when that thing would drain like crazy. And I had to be tied to the wall to let it charge, or use my mophie which made it so much heavier. All I have to do is swap out my battery pack and im good to go. And my phone is still thin and light, which I love.

And because of this wonderful phone, I went so far to sell both my Iphone and Ipad. I finally have a device that can do everything yet is still something I can fit in my pocket. I can do everything my ipad did and now with ICS it's a lot more quicker and less laggy then it used to be with my old G1 and Android tabs. I would consider Apple again if they made a 5-7 inch phone, as of right now this is the ipad/iphone killer I have been waiting for.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
i took the plunge and got the international version of the galaxy note the gt-n7000 and I was blown away on how much android improved from the last time I used it (Asus Transformer). I was one of those few that also flashed my old samsung galaxy tab 7 with a european rom that allowed you to make and receive calls as well as texts. I used it for 20 mins before ATT called me to tell me if I continued using it I would lose my data plan. It also opened my eyes to how much awesome it would be to have a phone/tablet device.

Then about a month ago I couldn't stop ignoring how people like Leo Laporte and even John C. Dvorak were gushing over the device. So i had to give it a try and luckily my contract was ending in June. In addition to the whole thing happening with Verizon and the grandfathering of their unlimited data plans kind of freaked me out. So I wanted to make sure I would be guaranteed that I would at least have my plan, in case ATT follows Verizon to a degree and changes it up with iPhone 5.

So i didn't know that the n7000 had no LTE, so I returned that and became a proud owner of a ATT i717 Samsung Note and 4g is awesome. Got the samsung charger so I have a battery charging or ready whenever I need it. Just swap out and keep going.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ETC-C...3FSQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338152896&sr=8-4

The battery life really isn't that big of a turn off for me. It was really difficult with my iphone 3gs when that thing would drain like crazy. And I had to be tied to the wall to let it charge, or use my mophie which made it so much heavier. All I have to do is swap out my battery pack and im good to go. And my phone is still thin and light, which I love.

And because of this wonderful phone, I went so far to sell both my Iphone and Ipad. I finally have a device that can do everything yet is still something I can fit in my pocket. I can do everything my ipad did and now with ICS it's a lot more quicker and less laggy then it used to be with my old G1 and Android tabs. I would consider Apple again if they made a 5-7 inch phone, as of right now this is the ipad/iphone killer I have been waiting for.
check out Juice Defender Ultimate man.....willl close to double your battery life!

So Random

macrumors member
May 29, 2012
Seriously considering one of these. For those who have one, how do you manage the phone-calling aspect? Is it awkward to hold up to your ear?

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Seriously considering one of these. For those who have one, how do you manage the phone-calling aspect? Is it awkward to hold up to your ear?

It's not bad at all. Everyone that I have talked to is surprised at how good the sound quality is compared to the iPhone. And what the best part is that i haven't dropped a single call...

I still can't believe all the things I put up with for all these years...

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
2 Questions:

1. Have anyone that has the Note installed ICS, if so, does it improve your experience?

2. When will the next version of the Note arrive?

I'm seriously considering getting one as I am not liking what the next iPhone is turning out to be.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
2 Questions:

1. Have anyone that has the Note installed ICS, if so, does it improve your experience?

2. When will the next version of the Note arrive?

I'm seriously considering getting one as I am not liking what the next iPhone is turning out to be.

If you're seriously considering this, than the Note 2 should be out in October. Considering how this thing took off for Samsung when everyone said it would never work, many new the Note 2 would be a no brainer.

http://ubuntulife.net/samsung-galaxy-note-2-release-date/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.