Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Looks like the death of the Note series has been exaggerated.

Latest is though it's an update to the note 20 not the ultra

Fold 3 will be direct replacement it Seems

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Latest is though it's an update to the note 20 not the ultra

Fold 3 will be direct replacement it Seems

That news is disappointing, I'm not sure if I should see what the S21 has to offer and get that instead (along with the S-Pen) or hold out hope for more Note news.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
That news is disappointing, I'm not sure if I should see what the S21 has to offer and get that instead (along with the S-Pen) or hold out hope for more Note news.

There seems to be different reports when the fold 3/note will be released

Some say June and some say august.

I expect

Fold 3
Z flip 3
Note 21

All to be released around August personally

Talks are the S pen will have more features on the fold 3 than we will see on the S21

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
There seems to be different reports when the fold 3/note will be released

Some say June and some say august.

I expect

Fold 3
Z flip 3
Note 21

All to be released around August personally

Talks are the S pen will have more features on the fold 3 than we will see on the S21

Interesting, I would prefer to see an updated Note Ultra with a better Exynos and battery, that may not happen tho. I guess we will see what happens next month with the S21.

Reactions: The Game 161

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Only now it makes sense why the S series Ultra now can support the s pen. Even though nothing is confirmed by Samsung its obvious the way things are going.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Only now it makes sense why the S series Ultra now can support the s pen. Even though nothing is confirmed by Samsung its obvious the way things are going.
It just seems really bad on Samsungs part, they haven't told us that the Note lineup is being discontinued. To just remove it without saying anything, is really bad (in my opinion). I think they should of made a Note 21 lineup and at the event mentioned that it would be the last one. At least then Note fans and potential buyers would know where we stand.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
It just seems really bad on Samsungs part, they haven't told us that the Note lineup is being discontinued. To just remove it without saying anything, is really bad (in my opinion). I think they should of made a Note 21 lineup and at the event mentioned that it would be the last one. At least then Note fans and potential buyers would know where we stand.
Not trying to downplay your disappointment.

But Samsung has given the S lineup an S-Pen, while not as feature pack as in the Note lineup. I do believe S-Pen Pro will remedy that. Now, I do understand you prefer a boxy design over rounded corners. And, I can't add much to that. If someone like a particular look, then that's all there is to it.

However, It was a matter of time when Samsung got to this point... the only major difference between the two lines were the S-Pen. It made a business sense to consolidate. I would just recommend give the S21 Ultra a chance, you might end up enjoying it.

Reactions: Klyster and Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Not trying to downplay your disappointment.

But Samsung has given the S lineup an S-Pen, while not as feature pack as in the Note lineup. I do believe S-Pen Pro will remedy that. Now, I do understand you prefer a boxy design over rounded corners. And, I can't add much to that. If someone like a particular look, then that's all there is to it.

However, It was a matter of time when Samsung got to this point... the only major difference between the two lines were the S-Pen. It made a business sense to consolidate. I would just recommend give the S21 Ultra a chance, you might end up enjoying it.
I get that, however Samsung haven’t really solved the SPen issue of storage. You can’t put the SPen inside the phone like you can with that Note, instead you have to buy a bulky case that attaches the pen to the side.

I do like the boxy design but I also like the curve display more it’s something different from my iPhone and the square design I’ve been using for many years. I’m not saying the S21 Ultra is bad, it’s just not a Note.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I get that, however Samsung haven’t really solved the SPen issue of storage. You can’t put the SPen inside the phone like you can with that Note, instead you have to buy a bulky case that attaches the pen to the side.

We all had an idea that the S-Pen wasn't going to have a slot like on the Note based on rumors. But I haven't really followed the case, seen a couple of impression videos of Dave2D and MKBHD. But I gotta feeling 3rd party cases will come along to help solve your issue with Samsung S-Pen case.

I do like the boxy design but I also like the curve display more it’s something different from my iPhone and the square design I’ve been using for many years. I’m not saying the S21 Ultra is bad, it’s just not a Note.

I agree it's not the Note, but I believe it will help resolve your issue with battery life... something that caused you to return the Note 20 Ultra. And, same as you. I've been using the iPhone for years... but definitely enjoying my Galaxy phone.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
We all had an idea that the S-Pen wasn't going to have a slot like on the Note based on rumors. But I haven't really followed the case, seen a couple of impression videos of Dave2D and MKBHD. But I gotta feeling 3rd party cases will come along to help solve your issue with Samsung S-Pen case.

I agree it's not the Note, but I believe it will help resolve your issue with battery life... something that caused you to return the Note 20 Ultra. And, same as you. I've been using the iPhone for years... but definitely enjoying my Galaxy phone.
I have seen reviews that have said the battery life on the S21 Ultra is better than the Note 20 U. It would definitely solve the battery issue I had.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
There
just seems really bad on Samsungs part, they haven't told us that the Note lineup is being discontinued

It probably affect sales performance of the S line because galaxy fans around the world will pick up the last Note (Note20U) instead S21U. I have a feeling there will be a Fan Edition (FE) of it.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
It probably affect sales performance of the S line because galaxy fans around the world will pick up the last Note (Note20U) instead S21U. I have a feeling there will be a Fan Edition (FE) of it.
You might be right. I believe S20 line owners are disappointed by the lack of SD card support for the S21 lineup, I suspect Note20U will definitely get some sales.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
There

If Samsung were to make an edition of the Note 20U FE, with better battery life and the new Exynos chip, I would buy that.

Reactions: Klyster

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
You might be right. I believe S20 line owners are disappointed by the lack of SD card support for the S21 lineup, I suspect Note20U will definitely get some sales.
I personally don’t mind that the Note 20U is last years model, if they improved on the battery life I would buy it and give it another shot. The Note 20U was a great device (I loved the curved screen) it was just the battery life for me that was the deal breaker.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I personally don’t mind that the Note 20U is last years model, if they improved on the battery life I would buy it and give it another shot. The Note 20U was a great device (I loved the curved screen) it was just the battery life for me that was the deal breaker.
I had the Note10+ and I enjoyed it. When the Note20U was introduced, It didn’t really interest me... but little did I know about how big of a difference 120hz was on Android. Knowing what I know now, I probably would of gotten the Note20U over the Fold2. But, now that I have the Fold2... I see no point in going to any regular phone.

Regardless of what new features come out of the S line or iPhones, I’m full steam ahead with foldables. Something that folds in the pocket and when unfolded gives you a bigger real estate, I’m in.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Apparently Samsung have responded to Phoneearena about the Note and its possible discontinuation.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 12.14.07.png

To me this sounds like Samsung are going to see what happens with the S21, the spen support and how people react to the Note series being discontinued. It could mean that they bring it back next year if there is enough "feedback"

Personally i hope they do listen to the feedback from Note fans. I would love to see another Note with the current Exynos chip and better battery life, maybe even the current S21 design but more boxy like the Note is.

Reactions: Healer Flame

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
"It does not mean Samsung is not committed to the Note category"

That does not sound good. This would have sounded good:

"Samsung is committed to the Note category"

I'm not going to be very happy if they kill off Note and turn the S Pen into a clip on accessory. That doesn't appeal to me at all.

Every fan should forward their feedback thru the member app or Samsung community forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.