Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 Or iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Goftrey, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I've really been looking into Samsung's Touch competitor - the 5 inch Galaxy Player, it looks pretty sweet with far better specs than the iPod.

But I've never gone Android before and I'm worried I'll regret it. They're both similar prices & the Samsung looks a better choice specs wise. But then I look at the Touch and start to dribble uncontrollably because of how beautiful made it is.

Any thoughts? I'd like Android opinions as well as iOS users.

2. spacepower7, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

spacepower7 macrumors 68000

If portability isn't a concern I'd get a Nexus 7 for the money, and I don't even own anything android.

I've read some reviews around that basically said the Samsung was too little too late.

If specs were all that mattered, Apple wouldn't exist.

3. ZacT94 macrumors regular

I own a 4th gen iPod Touch and a Samsung Galaxy Note. Both of the operating systems (from my experiences) are very, very good. Apple's iOS is easier to use than android, but Android OS can be customised much more. In terms of build quality, an iPod touch wins hands down. But the Galaxy Player has much better specs as already stated. It really depends on what qualities you prefer. I would recommend the Galaxy Player as I like android better than iOS but no matter what you choose, you'll have a great mp3 player.