Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Macostendoto, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Macostendoto macrumors member

Samsung's new tablets look incredible! Now I'm not an Apple hater in fact all my products are Apple including my 32GB Wi-Fi iPad one. But these new tablets with the TouchWiz UI on top of Honeycomb look great and the lower prices for the 8.9 ($469 16GB) is a dealbreaker. I'll be dual tableting with my original iPad and one of these slick new Galaxy Tabs.

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

3. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed, Apple needs to change it's OS big time, otherwise the devices will be perfect.

4. ravenas macrumors regular

IOS needs a drag and drop file system. That's my biggest beef.

The Samsung tabs look very interesting. I want to field test them against the Xoom this summer. I have a desire to be a two tablet household. Playing the field can be fun.

5. Dreshyne2g macrumors newbie

I don't like samsung with android devices they are piss poor at releasing the latest os update. They take forever compared to htc or motorola. I had a epic 4g it took forever to get 2.2 with flash support. Those that get this tablet will die waiting for new updates.:confused::confused:

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

By look incredible, do you mean the mock-ups? Cause no one has actually seen a working model. So far, you are going off a "potential" spec sheet and a blank piece of plastic. It's like looking at a concept car, with no engine. Looks and spec sheets are one thing, but actual working models can prove quite different to what was expected.

7. Macostendoto thread starter macrumors member

Actually, there are videos of working models so yes I mean look incredible. Thanks bra.

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Seriously?!

Do we need another thread on this?!

I'm serious when I say the mods need to start banning people for not searching, it's an epidemic here!:mad:

9. blueselvedge macrumors newbie

these types of posts are no better

10. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You've seen a vid of the new thin model actually working? Mind posting a link?

All vids I have seen of the new thin model are empty shells with blank screens.

11. DeathChill macrumors 68000

No, there are videos of the old model that won't be released working. There isn't a video or pictures of the thin models working.

12. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

8.9" is just the perfect size. With 16:10 aspect ratio, it has almost the same width with iPad. I think new Galaxy Tabs will sell a lot. My only concern is updates. Samsung needs to assure people that they'll give software support for the product for at least 2 years.

13. sineplex macrumors 6502

14. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

It's a reminder to use the bloody search function.

It's there for a reason.;)

We don't need multiple threads discussing the same bloody thing.

Mods need to crack down on this as it is rampant on MacRumors.

15. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

only awful thing i noticed there was dude's fingernail. he needs to clip that sucker. unless he's a classical guitar player :)

16. 62tele macrumors 6502a

They'll be abandoned in a blowout special sales bin within 9 months.

It's going to be very difficult for the Androud devices to gain any traction against the iPad. Adding Touch(cheez)wiz over the top of the basic android OS can't be a good thing.

Competing Android devices will confuse the consumer and unlike the PC market where PC are cheaper than Mac, these Droid devices have no price advantage nor do they have the dominant OS/applications. Apple does.

This is akin to the law of mass action in chemistry. The mass favors Apple with it's huge brand recognition advantage also favoring iPad. Everyone else is eating Apple's dust and playing for second place aming the also rans. iPad has lapped the field.

17. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

1) care to elaborate? as i don't think that the law of mass action applies to this (then again, i suck at chemistry), and to what you stated.
    2) if i got the second part right.. that statement is not helping the stereotype that some apple fans are "sheep" for following what the majority is going for

18. 62tele macrumors 6502a

I guessing that Moto, Samsung et al would love to have a following of "sheep".
    I don't give a flying rat's rectum how Apple fans are perceived. What, Android fans are perceived as the truly enlightened, intelligetnsia? Please! Geeks quibble over the minor variations in UI and proclaim android superior. Yes, I am a fan of Apple. They innovate and lead, while others seem to copy. They created the mass tablet market. Is Apple perfect? Is iPad or iOS perfect? Of course not! Are there a few functions I like better on Android? Yes. However the total product offering is better on iPad IMO. One thing is certain, you won't see a buying frenzy for Xoom or Galaxy anytime soon to rival the iPad or iPad 2. Game, set, match!

19. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

relax brah! i seriously was just curious as to how you relate the law of mass action to this situation, which you didn't clarify above. i'm an apple products owner too, but i don't get my panties in a twist when others talk about other products i don't care for. it's funny when some here get defensive and start talking about android right away. i didn't even mention anything about android...

20. 62tele macrumors 6502a

LOL
    Perhaps i misread your post but you asked a question AND made assertion about sheep. My response on addressed your supposition about Apple sheep.
    As for Law od mass action, it may be a poor analogy but think of it this way: there are a whole lot more molecules of iPad for consumers to react with both in terms of available product and media attention. Hence, the more molecules (product)the greater the reaction. The catalysts are the media hype, general awareness, knowing or aeeing others with the iPad, the continued halo from iPod, etc!

21. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday