Samsung gear 2

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by The Game 161, May 23, 2014.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well got a deal at work to get it on offer and decided to buy it. Likes the updated look and the health features on it.

It arrives on Tuesday. Will post my thoughts when it arrives. Now I've got a new bike looking forward to seeing the cycling accuracy on the watch.

2. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

So far heart rate has been accurate for me. Love having the home button option. Will try out the cycling soon along with walking. Will give sleep mode a go tonight. Doubt I use this but will give it a go.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Nice! I was thinking about picking up the first gen one for around $100 online just to compliment my Note 3. I'm kinda waiting on the Moto 360 pricing. If it is $249 or less, I'll get one. But I'm leaning towards the $100 Gear (1) just to play around with.

How much you got the G2 for?

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Got £100 off original price.

As a fitness guy I do like the extra fitness features. Just a nicer feel. Having my home screen for all apps is good too.

5. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

I actually really like the Gear 2. I find the heart rate a bit hit or miss when I'm running, but thats probably because I don't keep my arm "still enough". The notifications are also super handy if you drive a lot like I do. It is much easier to flick up your wrist than grab your phone at the light. I'm becoming a fan of the smart watch idea, looking forward to the Android Wear offerings later this year.