Samsung Gear A Specs Leak

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Sevanw, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Sevanw macrumors 6502a

Sevanw

2. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

I just hope they provide an Android Wear option so I can run things like Hangouts or even better Hangouts Dialer voice and SMS over IP data.

3. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Bleh, Tizen. 2 generations of Tizen watches have already been released and the market is still insanely pitiful. You can't even customize the watch faces very much like on AW.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The market is good enough for me on my Gear 2 Neo. Every app I could want on a smartwatch exists, and then some.

As far as watch faces are concerned. Default and 3rd party watch faces customization depend on the actual watch face. Some you can customize plenty and others not at all.

Also, battery life is amazing compared to the Apple Watch. I usually get close 4-5 days before I hit 15%. Tizen is VERY stable, no hiccups or lag yet.

5. Sevanw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sevanw

Battery life is absolutely amazing on Tizen. I also get almost 5 days of battery on my Gear 2. Just look how Android Wear compares running on the Gear Live with a bigger battery. It doesn't even come close. I'd love for Samsung to bring out a high end Tizen phone.

6. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

holy crap. Note 5 + this. Need to start saving now.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Yup, and my screen brightness in set on max brightness and 1 minute timeout. When it's set to 5 minute timeout, I still get a good 3 days on max brightness. I get notifications frequently so my display is on half the time everyday. Plus I do a lot of voice memos.

If I were to set it to a low display brightness and a screen timeout of 10 or 15 seconds. It would probably last a full week.

8. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

9. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I don't have a single app on my Gear S because I don't see anything on the store worth using. I bought the watch in February and have pretty much lost interest in it now. Better apps may have helped with that but I don't see that changing.