Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Samsung has kicked off a new sale on computer monitors, which is set to end on January 21. During this event you'll find discounts on 4K and 5K Samsung monitors, including the popular ViewFinity S9 5K Smart Monitor and Smart Monitor M8.

samsung-botw.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Samsung. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The highlight of the sale is the 27-inch ViewFinity S9 5K Smart Monitor for $1,199.99, down from $1,599.99. At $400 off this is a solid second-best price on the 2023 display, which has a matte display, modular 4K SlimFit camera, and support for Thunderbolt 4.

Samsung's 27-inch Smart Monitor M8 is also being discounted during this sale, available for $479.99, down from $649.99. This is a 4K smart monitor with a design that looks similar to the new iMac line.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Samsung Introduces New Sale With Big Savings on Computer Monitors

GeoStructural

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
In case you are considering the M8, go for it, it is a good monitor. I tried it alongside the Studio Display and although I kept the Studio Display and returned the M8 I can still recommend it, the image quality is excellent and the price is incredible for what you get, such a good value.

The Studio Display wins in a few categories though, the main one is audio, the six speakers are clear, loud and crips, it is also more sturdy, and you can change settings directly from your Mac. In the M8 you will need a third-party app to make changes to settings, otherwise you will have to use the remote control. The M8 also has a little wobble, not a big deal in a desktop setup but it's there if you care about that.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
That price on that Samsung 5K is nuts. I'm sure its a nice monitor but damn, that's a stiff price. I just picked up a second 28" 4K monitor for my M2 Pro Mini setup for $250 at Best Buy. Yes, I know my monitor(s) aren't 5K nor do they have the extra bells and whistles like the one I mentioned. But it is 4K and it looks great for less than 1/4 of the price.

Reactions: FJB and drrich2

Valen1

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2018
I wouldn't spend my money on any Sansung monitor. Several years ago they used bad capacitors in their monitors and they knew it. The monitors broke shortly after the warranty ran out and there was no standing behind their product from Samsung. Buyer beware!

Last edited by a moderator:

iBluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2016
That price on that Samsung 5K is nuts. I'm sure its a nice monitor but damn, that's a stiff price. I just picked up a second 28" 4K monitor for my M2 Pro Mini setup for $250 at Best Buy. Yes, I know my monitor(s) aren't 5K nor do they have the extra bells and whistles like the one I mentioned. But it is 4K and it looks great for less than 1/4 of the price.
5K is 60% more than 4K in resolution. So, it makes a lot of difference and I like the 5K for programming.

RyanFlynn

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2006
Los Angeles
600 nits is where this thing caps out. the base model MacBook Pro has a 1600 nit display, and includes a powerful computer. When are display companies going to step up?

*grumpy for paying for a Pro Display XDR that only hits 60hz. haha

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good price for Samsung monitors. Good if one wants to have a 27" display.

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
600 nits is where this thing caps out. the base model MacBook Pro has a 1600 nit display, and includes a powerful computer. When are display companies going to step up?

*grumpy for paying for a Pro Display XDR that only hits 60hz. haha
So long as you don't care about 5k (and no one does outside of some Mac users) you can easily find monitors today that match the image quality of the MiniLED XDR screen on the Macbook Pro. QD-OLED, MiniLED, ultra wide, 2.5k, 4k, 5k2k, 144hz, 240hz, and prices ranging from well under a grand to several grand. You have choices... as long as you don't mind not having 5k.

Reactions: RyanFlynn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.