Samsung + iSync?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dominicansrul93, Aug 15, 2007.

1. dominicansrul93 macrumors regular

I just got the new Samsung Blast (SGH-T729). I was really excited about using it with iSync since i saw that it uses SyncML. I tried and it didnt work. I looked up in the apple site and it doesnt even have one samsung. But those motorolas that work have the same SyncML thing. Is there a way to make it work. It could since it has SyncML. PLease help!!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Actually, it has two Samsungs (D600 and D900), but yes, it's very limited. Hmmm, BitPIM also doesn't support it. I'm not sure what you can do.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If it's got Bluetooth, you can do what I do and push things one at a time, if you really want to send them.

The developers of BitPIM seem to be starting on the Samsung A900 (my phone) and it uses another format for holding and sending information so that might be a good sign.

It seems as though Samsung doesn't want to work with anyone else. I have their application on Windows to back up the contacts, but it won't convert them into a format to be used by anything else.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah... I really liked Samsung in the era before most phones could be synced with computers. Then, when this started to become available, I ditched them (and Sprint) because I couldn't get syncing.

I'm not sure why it is they don't offer those kinds of features? I guess perhaps it has to do with Korean market demographics, although broadband PCs are very common in Korea (moreso than the US, whereas Japan and Europe are more mobile-centric). So I just don't know.

5. dominicansrul93 thread starter macrumors regular