Samsung - Just One Last Thing

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by pr0230, Feb 25, 2013.

1. pr0230 Suspended

http://allthingsd.com/20130223/samsung-takes-on-ipad-mini-with-galaxy-note-8-0/

A while back I wrote that I was disappointed in the specs for the new IPAD5... Yeah Its ME!!! and one of the things I said I would like is for ALL Ipads to have a phone option... Well SAMSUNG was listening... The option is only for the Samsung Mini and , not for U.S. But that will change... Think of it, get rid of ur phone and laptop, for a Mini... 2 4 one...

Apple is SO far behind APPLE at this point , I dont know if APPL can catch up...

2. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

In before the ''oooh, call functionality on a tablet is sooo useless. I much rather prefer that the functionality is disabled even though the device already has all the hardware in place to make it work...''-comments.

3. Shadow%20Mac macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, but what exactly are you trying to say with this thread? If your message is simply that Apple is behind and cannot catch up, there are plenty of threads that already exist with that debate already in progress. Please search the forums before creating a new thread.

4. craftytony macrumors regular

craftytony

I've made plenty of calls with my ipad. But not enough for me to want it to have cellular capabilities. And never would I want it to replace my phone.

This is just another way for Samsung to cram stuff into their products to try and "one-up" Apple.

They'll probably try to give your dishwasher cellular abilities too ;)

5. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

This might be news to you, but most of Samsungs tablets have had this functionality since 2010 outside of the US. And I mean 'real' phone capabilities and not just Skype/Facetime and similar stuff.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Somehow, I just can't see me ever wanting to make calls on any tablet. FaceTime yes, but the prospect of talking on my iPad just wouldn't feel right...I have my iPhone for that!

7. craftytony macrumors regular

craftytony

This could have been news from 2005, but i'm still not going to hold a tablet to the side of my head instead of my phone :p

8. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

No one is. I haven't even held a phone to my head the last 8-10 years.

I use bluetooth in the car and a BT (stereo of course) headset elsewhere. US might be behind the curve here, but I rarely see anyone where I live (Norway) that uses anything but a headset - wired or wireless - when making a call with a cell phone these days.

9. cynics macrumors G3

Who holds a phone to their head with all the great reasons not to? Bluetooth headset, in car Bluetooth, even the headphones shipped with the iPhone have a mic built in. Not to mention the speaker with noise cancelation mics.

10. craftytony macrumors regular

craftytony

Well, I do work on a major university, and I see just about everyone holding a phone to their head when talking.

Didn't the bluetooth headsets go the way of the pagers? lol

11. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

1. This would be a cool feature, but practically it won't be used very often by most Note 8 owners.

2. Carriers aren't going to let it see the light of day in the US, so this is a non-issue for many of us.

12. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

...?