Samsung LED Series 6500 + Macbook Pro 13' = No picture

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bully worm, Jul 6, 2010.

1. bully worm macrumors regular

I'm using a Minidisplay port to HDMI to connect to the TV.

My MBP detects the TV but my TV does not detect my MBP.

Someone shed some light here please!

I've gone into System Preference, clicked Mirror Display, etc etc. I've fooled around with the Refresh Rate and all that. No good.

The thing is, I also have a 32' LCD Samsung upstairs that I can connect to easily. The TV detects is instantly and I can output 1080p, etc etc without a problem.

2. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Uncheck mirror displays. Your tv is probably 1080p and your laptop is 800p and 16:10 not 16:9

3. bully worm thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I definitely have that unchecked. The TV still doesn't recognize the signal.

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Well what resolution do you have the secondary display (the TV) set to? I bet it can only accept 720x480, 1280x720, and 1920x1080.

5. bully worm thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I have it set at 1080p.

BUt I have also cycled through all the resolutions as well. Nothing works.

Now I'm trying to mess with the GPU. I'v downloaded gfxcardstatus to try and switch the gpu by it's not switching =/.

I have a late 2009 13' mbp btw with a 9400m

6. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Well your macbook has only one gpu, so there is not anything for it to switch to.

Are you sure you are on the correct input on the TV? Have you tried dragging a window from your laptop onto the TV?
    What I mean is that even if your TV does not display anything, if you are getting preferences for a second display on the laptop, it thinks there is a second display, and therefore you should be able to drag a window there, regardless of whether it displays on the TV.

Its worth a shot anyways.

7. bully worm thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I have definitely tried that. I've tried moving the second display to the left, right, up and down with no avail. I've tried moving windows and youtube videos to the second display but the Samsung continues to display the "No Signal" message =/.

8. Mr Enrique macrumors newbie

Same Problem here

I have this exact problem. I have a mbp 2.4, 320m.

I tried to plug it into two samsungs tvs from a hdmi. None work. The mbp detects the display. When I use spaces it appers both displays but nothing happen in the Tv.

Tired to move everything in the display configuration: mirror, gather windows, detect display, change display resolution and nothing.

I even restarted my system but nothing has work so far.

Any hint? :apple::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek:

9. Gucci Mane macrumors newbie

i'm not sure if this helps at all, but i have the LED 55" 6300 model which is one below the 6500. Works perfectly with my MacMini and MBP. I don't see why it doesn't work with your 6500 as there isn't alot of difference between the two.

10. Daytona 360 macrumors member

Are you using the specific HDMI input on the TV that is for the PC input?