Samsung Loses Motion for Preliminary Injunction Banning iPhone 4S in Italy

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 5, 2012.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Tribunale di Milano -- the Italian first-instance court for patent cases -- has denied a request by Samsung for a preliminary injunction banning the iPhone 4S in Italy over a patent dispute. A similar request was denied in France last month, and the Netherlands in October. The bans in Italy and France were initially requested in October.

Florian Mueller points out that both Apple and Samsung are not having any significant success asking for preliminary rulings, and instead both companies are "going to have to focus on regular, full-blown proceedings rather than the fast-track proceedings triggered by requests for preliminary injunctions."

The lawsuits in all three countries will continue for years, along with dozens of other lawsuits across the globe, but neither Apple nor Samsung appears close to winning any sort of a major decision.

Article Link: Samsung Loses Motion for Preliminary Injunction Banning iPhone 4S in Italy

2. rmwebs macrumors 68040

3. AJH1993 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Another lawsuit thread, more overtime for mods deleting bickering posts/flame wars. Smh

4. blue22 macrumors 6502a

blue22

what a mess...

Either way you look at it, all these mobile patent lawsuits are just getting out of control.

[​IMG]

5. Can't Stop macrumors 6502

6. bassfingers macrumors 6502

bassfingers

7. SKTHEPREZ macrumors member

Stop the Hating and Blackballing

Title says it all

8. whooleytoo macrumors 604

whooleytoo

Good. Less of these "guilty until proven innocent" preliminary injunctions. Let both have their day in court and let that decide.

Sheesh... every day the patent system seems less and less about protecting innovation and more about creating roadblocks for your competition.

9. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Now that put's into perspective....That's some diagram...what's left of my eyesight is going:) Litigation is big big business......For the Lawyers. It's quite possible that the actual process will take so long, and the devices in question become SO different, that the whole deal will be trashed.

Result?

Wealthy Lawyers.

10. vvswarup macrumors 6502a

Why can't competitors innovate around the patents?

11. pjo macrumors regular

Some of the patents are so generic (form factors of tablets etc) that doing so means simply creating a different device.

In some of those cases getting legal advice onto the design and technical teams could offer enough differentiation that you skirt round the issues, but not always.

12. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Everyone of these lawyers is a rebel without an even decent cause...pardon my french but who the **** cares? Its just companies trying to show who has the biggest dick....its really dumb some of these "patents". Can I patent the birth mark in the shape of texas on my right pectoral? Then when another baby by a 1/999999999 is born with that same birth mark can I sue said babies parents for copyright infringement?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Apple is the most innovative here so apart from maybe RIM, Google, HTC and Qualcomm (only because everyone would be screwed if they pissed off Qualcomm, samsung needs to keep making displays to I guess), everyone should just screw off and put their money in productive things like oh say their products! I swear, a session of group therapy with all the CEO's and fine wine would suffice the thousands these companies waste on phantom lawsuits.

lol....very true. Well now that I think about it, I guess its good practice/experience if they throw all the junior Lawyers into the mess!
    This