Samsung Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jagst3r15, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Jagst3r15, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013

Jagst3r15 macrumors newbie

I just bought a Samsung C300 Series S22C300H 21.5-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor. I am a web developer who works with Photoshop but also watches a lot of Netflix and likes to play games. This will accompany my 13 inch retina macbook pro. Did I make a good buy or should I have gone with an IPS?

2. simsaladimbamba

It is an average monitor with average technical specs, and according to the reviews, most users seem to quite like it, except the one getting an HP instead.

I have the two Dell U2412M displays, and though they did cost a bit more, they are quite excellent for their price and what I was looking for.
    Dell also has 1080p iPS displays in 23" for around 150 to 180 €, if you really want to go iPS.

3. Jagst3r15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. I spent some time researching but got a bit overwhelmed so I went with this. It's my first time buying a monitor so not sure if it's a good buy or not :confused:

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Next time you should probably ask/research before you buy.....

5. Jagst3r15 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can always return it if I don't like it.

Any other monitors you could suggest in case?

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Not in that price range. IPS would give you less colour shift at different viewing angles, not a great deal more. Some of the Dell monitors get good write ups. Either that or have you thought about second hand?

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

That monitor's pretty dirty cheap. Why don't you give it a try, see if it suits your needs?

Note that simsaladimbamba posted the prices in euros, not dollars. Jus' sayin'.