Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leggy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Hi newbie I'm afraid and probably been asked before (though I did search the site first).
But me and my boy both have Samsung MP3 players and they don't do anything when plugged in to our new iMac:confused::confused:. So I assume that iTunes doesn't work with them.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

chipchen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2002
Check diskutility... see if it comes up as a disk or flash drive at all... I'm assuming you can just drag MP3's onto them. I would do a google search for the model number with "on a mac"... so like "yepp player on a mac" or something... you should find something at least.

leggy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I did try that but it didn't show up in the left hand panel.

jjbankhead

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
central valley california
I am also pretty new to mac and a convert from windows XP/ vista.

I have a couple of MP3 players for my kids that are not ipods, one is a disney brand (pirates of the Caribbean) the other is made by LG.

The issue is when i move a file to trash from the finder window it doesn't register on the device itself.

essentially i delete the file from the device, empty the trash and the device shows the space being made on the drive (ie 81.5mb available before emptying 102mb available after).

when i proceed to add the new files to the device it is telling me there is not enough space and still shows available space in the finder window.

i have run the disk utility verify and repair and still its not working. i have ejected the device and disconnected it from the usb cable powered it off and back on then reconnected it, still no change.

i dont understand why my system won't allow me to add files if there is ample space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.