Samsung MP3 player compatibility

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by leggy, Dec 4, 2008.

1. leggy macrumors newbie

Hi newbie I'm afraid and probably been asked before (though I did search the site first).
    But me and my boy both have Samsung MP3 players and they don't do anything when plugged in to our new iMac:confused::confused:. So I assume that iTunes doesn't work with them.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions?

2. chipchen macrumors 6502

Check diskutility... see if it comes up as a disk or flash drive at all... I'm assuming you can just drag MP3's onto them. I would do a google search for the model number with "on a mac"... so like "yepp player on a mac" or something... you should find something at least.

3. leggy thread starter macrumors newbie

I did try that but it didn't show up in the left hand panel.

4. jjbankhead macrumors newbie

I am also pretty new to mac and a convert from windows XP/ vista.

I have a couple of MP3 players for my kids that are not ipods, one is a disney brand (pirates of the Caribbean) the other is made by LG.

The issue is when i move a file to trash from the finder window it doesn't register on the device itself.

essentially i delete the file from the device, empty the trash and the device shows the space being made on the drive (ie 81.5mb available before emptying 102mb available after).

when i proceed to add the new files to the device it is telling me there is not enough space and still shows available space in the finder window.

i have run the disk utility verify and repair and still its not working. i have ejected the device and disconnected it from the usb cable powered it off and back on then reconnected it, still no change.

i dont understand why my system won't allow me to add files if there is ample space.