Phones Samsung Note - Failed Upgrade

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by dinggus, Feb 28, 2013.

1. dinggus macrumors 65816

So, I was upgraded via Mac to my Samsung Note. It displayed on my Note "downloading... do not disconnect", then I realized my internet went out, so I turned it back on, went to sleep for a few hours thinking the phone will fix itself. Turns out, it never did. Now I'm trying to do "emergency recovery" or whatever it is. It stays on 0% on the Mac, so I went into VMWare, and it does not install any the drivers, I even use Samsung Kies troubleshoot to help out which it says it does.

I wanted to enjoy this Android experience, but right now I'm hating it because it shouldn't be this difficult to restore a firmware.

Anyone have any clue on how to fix the phone? It turns on and works, I just want to update it from Gingerbread.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Look through the XDA forums. I'm thinking that the Note uses ODIN like my S2 and you'll be able to flash the update on that (they usually have a list of original firmware you can flash. If you trip the counter, they have a way to reset that too for insurance reasons. :eek:). What carrier are you on? Is it the original or Note 2?

3. dinggus, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013

dinggus thread starter macrumors 65816

It's the original Note (SGH-I717), its for AT&T but right now it's not connected to the carrier because I'm just playing with it right now.

I was able to download 8% onto the phone but then it just froze.

Worst experience ever right now, if I can't upgrade the phone, it'll be for sale soon.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

5. dinggus thread starter macrumors 65816

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You're using emulation, right? I had issues with Parallels and Kies and ended up boot camping.

7. dinggus thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, I'm using VMWare with Win7.