Samsung or Crucial or Corsair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andy8, Jul 23, 2012.

1. andy8 macrumors regular

I would like to upgrade my current Macbook Pro 13-inch (Mid-2009) | (MB990LL/A)
    hard disk to a Solid State Drive. But since there are several brands available and all about the same price "Samsung SSD 830, Crucial CT128M4SSD2, Corsair Force Series 3" ; which one should I purchase ? Should I be looking at the read/write speed of each ? Which is the best for 13" Macbook Pro ?

2. iJustinCabral macrumors member

iJustinCabral

IMO...

Go with the OCZ Vertex 4 256gb SSD.

I just put one in my 2011 Mac Mini and its great.

Write & Read speed at 450 MB/s

3. andy8 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply,

Does OCZ Vertex offer the highest read/write speed at 450 MB/s compared to all the other models ?

4. playsontheleft macrumors regular

Take a look at the Corsair Force GT. Some crazy read and write speeds on that thing - 555 MB/s and 500MB/s respectively if memory serves.

5. robvas macrumors 68020

6. andy8 thread starter macrumors regular

You reckon its better than Corsair Force ?

7. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

If he thought the Corsair was better, he wouldn't have recommended the Samsung, would he? DERP.

8. andy8 thread starter macrumors regular

Samsung SSD has a read speed of 520MB/s and write speed of 320MB/s.
    Corsair Force GT has a read speed of 555MB/s and write speed of 515MB/s.

I was asking user 'robvas' if he felt that Samsung wins on the other specification areas apart from read and write speed which clearly indicates that Corsair is the winner here. (Source from the Manufacturer's Website).

You should learn online manners and not use words like DERP. Get your facts straight. MacRumors is a wonderful site but it's being spoilt with people like you. Waste of time.

9. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

That difference will likely be imperceptible.

Samsung wins from a reliability perspective, choose what is more important to you.

10. wytwolf macrumors regular

Those are theoretical corsair numbers. I've seen Samsung write speeds closer to 400, and with the corsair's sandforce controller the 500mb/s is only possible writing compressed data. Someone else here has already tested the 240GB GT and resulted in 312MB/s write speeds.

Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD

11. toastie macrumors newbie

I'm by no means any kind of expert but i went with the samsung 830 255gb
    mainly as it seems to get the best reliability reviews and because its the one apple fit so i guess i took that as a major recommendation and i am very impressed with it both speed wise and ease of installation and set up etc

12. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki