Samsung or LG Screen 27" iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jennings001, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Jennings001 macrumors newbie

Hello!

I recently bought a new iMac and am having issues with the screen.

I heard they use 2 manufacturers and wondered how I can tell if my current screen is a Samsung or LG?

I also have a 2010 Macbook Pro and found that it's a Samsung screen (which has worked perfectly since purchase!) using the Terminal.app - but this doesn't seem to work on the iMac.

The iMac screen is going to be replaced, would it be unreasonable to ask for the replacement screen to be Samsung?

Any help or ideas would be really appreciated! :)

Thanks!

2. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

Unless something has recently changed, I believe Apple is still using only LG panels in iMacs.

3. blanka macrumors 68000

iMacs only come with LG panels, and those are perfectly OK by themselves. They reside in many other monitors, like the Dell U2713H and HM for example, all without troubles.
    The problem is, Apple is too stuborn and thinks ventilation slots look dick. And that's where the troubles start.

4. Jennings001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much both of you!

Ah okay, I didn't realise it was just LG screens.

I'm currently experiencing some pretty bad image retention so just wondered if there was a way to get this resolved.

Apple have offered to replace the screen, although not entirely sure if this will solve the problem...fingers crossed!