Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 21, 2012
There are equal or better Android phones on the market now compared to Samsung offerings. And you have cheaper options as well. I never believe that Android can be defined by one OEM. This is why it's a bad strategy for Apple to go after Android OEM's one by one; it doesn't work. It's also why you see not one but two large iPhones released at the same time this year. If you can't beat them join them!
But next year the Samsung Galaxy S6 should be their best phone. I don't see them releasing anything lackluster. But then again LG G4 should be good as well along with the HTC M9. Competition is good for us all.

I do think Samsung left their six unguarded with their Apple tunnel vision.

LG snuck in and stole their thunder in a big way. There is a good chance the G3 will walk away with android phone of the year.

I do hope they go all in in 2015.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Samsung plunges 15% this year to two-year low

The big guys in any market experience highs and lows. Apple has a drop last year even if it was only brief, but we learned back then not to stick the boot in too early, at least some of us did lol. One thing they can't do is get complacent with their market position. The Android market is tough because there is direct competition from a number of large manufacturers. Apple don't have the worry on that front because their competition is themselves. Nobody else puts iOS on a device.

Samsung are the biggest in their market and this is always going to be challenged by the likes of HTC, LG, and Motorola to name but a few. They are lucky they make other products too even if the mobile division is their biggest earner at present. I don't think Samsung are ready to drop from the top just yet, however I think they have pressure on them to improve design. Although they're dude very well made products, they don't always challenge the build quality of some rivals. A good sector of consumers want a premium feel to accompany their state of the art phone and this is an area where Samsung could improve IMHO. I doubt it is the reason for a slight dip in form though. :)

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Samsung is going nowhere. And with the prototypes they already shown, they just might soon change the mobile game, as much as Apple did in 2007.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.