Samsung print driver not found

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jsauer100, May 23, 2009.

1. jsauer100 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to add a Samsung CLX-2160 printer, but the driver is not in the list of pre-loaded drivers. I've downloaded the driver from Samsung's site, but cannot find it when I add the printer. It's not in the list, and when I click "other" to find it, I can get to the file ("SamsungCLX-216xSeries.ds", in Hard Drive/Library/TWAIN Data Sources), but there is no option to add it. This should be easy...but I'm stuck here.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You should rarely need to manually select the driver when setting up the printer. First, make sure the driver you downloaded is this. If it's not, download it and install. Then make sure the printer is connected via USB or on the network when you try to add it to the Print & Fax preferences. Per the instructions on Samsung's website you should see the printer in the Default browser and when you select the printer to add it, the utility should find the installed driver automatically and you can click "Add".

3. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

Something else to consider is that it may not be in the "S"'s in preferences, but either CLX-216 or 261. Have you checked both of those?

I've got a Samsung ML-2010, and it shows up as just ML-2010.

4. jsauer100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Success

Thanks JediMeister & millerj123! I am now printing with the Samsung. I really appreciate your help.