Samsung printer compatible with my Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ceg, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ceg macrumors newbie

I want to buy the Samsung ML-1630 laser printer. It says it's compatible with Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4. My machine is 10.5.2. Does that mean it's not compatible? Thanks.

2. Guy Incognito macrumors regular

It should work if you can find drivers. I use an ML-1710 with 10.5, and it works fine.

3. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I have the same printer as the poster above(ML 1710) and I just downloaded the only drivers I could find(OS X 10.3 Panther).

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I just went and looked at the Samsung web site's printer drivers (always a good thing to try first for future reference ;)) and they have a driver for the ML-1630 for OS 10.3-10.5 here.

Whether that latest version comes on the disk that would come with the printer or whether you just download it for simplicity, you should be fine.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I've got the Samsung ML-1630. Nice printer... but the only problem with Leopard is printing over wireless with Airport Express. I had to mess around with the printer settings as detailed in this thread over at Apple discussions:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6798906

Below is the solution. New drivers and OS updates might have fixed things by now, but I'll park this here in case it's of use.

It works fine over USB. :)

6. ceg thread starter macrumors newbie

A new question

Thanks a lot to those who responded. I'm a total tech no-nothing, so didn't even know about drivers or any of that.