Samsung S III (US dates)

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by bobenhaus, Jun 4, 2012.

1. HappyCamperNS macrumors newbie

I hope the people who get the S-III love it...

So much that they join xda instead :)

2. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

only problem i see is that all the reviews i read RAVE about the exynos but the exynos won't be coming US models. So other than the 2gb of ram, what exactly will make the S3 better than the one x?

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

It has a 3 instead of a One?

4. Tones2 macrumors 65816

32 GB of storage plus the potential for another 64 GB with a microSD card, totalling 96 GB on board at once and you can also carry more storage to swap. The HTC one x is limited to ONLY 16GB with no expandability. That's the deal breaker for me.

Tony

5. Jb07 macrumors 6502

I don't think either is better (except the One X is much prettier) but the lack of availability of the One X on carriers other than AT&T is a big influence for some people.

6. Dunbar macrumors 6502

The One X is available on AT&T only. The SIII is available on all of the major US carriers.

7. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Many things IMO.

SIII has a physical home button. (Especially nice if you are coming from an iPhone.)

One X feels good in your hand but I'm reading that the SIII feels even better with the curved backing.

The ability to replace your battery and use a MicroSD card is HUGE. Do not overlook how great it is that you can easily add (potentially) 64 GB of storage on top of the 16 or 32 GB that you get with the SIII by default.

The multitasking issue with the One X is widely documented. I'm under the impression that TouchWiz on the SIII does not have this issue.

The SIII does not have that horrible camera bump on the back like the One X.

With respect to the North American One X and SIII, both will have Snapdragon and LTE. So it's simply a matter of what hardware you prefer plus if you see any advantages between Sense and TouchWiz.

There is a lot to like about the One X but I think the SIII is the clear winner here.

8. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Great summary. :)

9. smoledman macrumors 68000

We'll see how many sell in the opening weekend. Can they beat 4 million?

10. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Did you see how many they've already sold? This device is going to be huge and im preordering wednesday to retain my unlimited data on verizon for 2 more years. Once i lose unltd data i will go back to landline phones lol