Samsung S5 to iPhone 5S women troubles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wilky76, Jul 4, 2014.

1. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

I bought my other half a Samsung Galaxy S5 to replace her old 4S, but nearly 3 months on she not happy with it says it to big & she looks like a Lesbian with it. :confused:

She keeps hinting she wants an iPhone 5S, if she said this in the first place I would have got her one, but I'm not made of money & i keep telling her to stick with the S5 until September when the 5S is more likely to drop in price, she not interested in the iPhone 6 as she says that also looks to big.:mad::mad:

So here the problem do i sell the S5 at a loss mind and get her a 5S, or do i put my foot down and say no wait till September woman.

I would have taken it off her myself but i also have the S5 as they where both bought at the same time reluctantly & she was happy with it then when i first bought it.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

What is the lesser of two evils? Whatever that is I would do?

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Galaxy S5s go on eBay for around £350, so perhaps selling it and buying a second hand 5S could be an option for minimal loss. I wouldn't buy a new 5S at this stage, as the chances are the price will fall a lot it September, or they'll release a 6 which isn't too much bigger.

If she's desperate, I'd sell it and buy a almost-new 5S after selling the S5, though September isn't long to wait now.

Anyway, they say a happy wife is a happy life... :p

4. wilky76 thread starter macrumors regular

wilky76

Tbh i don't really trust buying a 2nd hand iPhone or any phone for that matter of ebay it just not worth the risk of it getting blocked a few weeks down the line.

If anything it gonna have to be new unfortunately.:(

As for selling the S5 I think i try out a few contacts first, then as a last resort put it up for sale on ebay.

5. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

She think she looks like a lesbian because of a phone.. right

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If she's com paining about the size of the S5, then she probably won't like the size of the new iPhones coming out in September. Might as well get her a 5S while you can.

7. KillaMac Suspended

swappa,com. Very safe. Have used it a few times.

8. cynics macrumors G4

The iPhone 6 even in its smallest screen variant looks like it will be of equivalent size or bigger then the S5.

I'd first ask her if she just wants an iPhone instead of the S5. Because if she just wants an Apple phone (which is reason enough) then I'd hold off and wait.

However if size is the only thing she doesn't like then you can just get an iPhone now. Waiting still might be an option for you as prices new and used will drop after the 6 is released.

TBH I don't think you'll get a reasonable answer from someone that says something as unreasonable as "they look like a lesbian with it".

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Maybe not the solution she's thinking, but what about getting her a new 4S?

They're cheap now, slightly smaller than the 5/5s (size is her complaint right?) and they can still run iOS 7.

Just a thought.

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

As long as the seller has near enough 100% feedback, I wouldn't really worry about it being blocked or anything.

PayPal usually always side with the buyer to a point it's ridiculous, so the consumer protection you'll have is more than enough if anything goes wrong.

11. Lannoc macrumors member

For a minute there, I thought I was on Dr Phil.com. :D

12. wilky76 thread starter macrumors regular

wilky76

Ok bit of an update, I've managed to sell the S5 to the main boss at work for £425 :D he still has an old S2 & he pretty chuffed with the S5 he now got cheapish brand new looking simfree S5.

So with that sold I sat her down in front of the PC last night and said which colour iphone 5S you want? she choose the gold one said are you sure before i order no changing your mind once i click buy.

So now have a Gold 16GB 5S from Apple on it's way, in the meantime she gonna have to use my backup Nokia 520 until sometime next week :):)

Tbh I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the Gold 5S, as i never seen one other than on the net.

13. I7guy macrumors G5

Caved in like a cheap suit. J/K...good luck with everything.

14. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Happy wife or gf makes happy life

You did good

15. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I think you meant FOLDED like a cheap suit. :D

16. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

This. Best site on the web for buying/selling smartphones. The fees are a lot less than ebay too.

17. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

In all serious'ness, I never thought a big phone could make a girl feel like a lesbian due to it's size.

I would find someone to trade the phone with, friends or family and if all fails ... trade it with a phone shop if you can.

Good luck.

PS:

You're right about her saying something from the get go to avoid all this.

18. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Complains of items being too big and talks about lesbians… :eek:
    LMAO sorry can't and won't do puns. :p

I don't get how she is just now complaining of how big it is 3 months in, how was the S5 cheaper than the 5S though?

19. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I am the biggest Android fanboy who visits this site but at the same time I will not buy my wife an Android phone. Sorry to say but certain people can't handle the size, the power or the level of customization that an Android phone brings to the table. I root and hack my phone and love the challenge of making my phone better. I don't believe in the perfect phone be it Android or iPhone but at least with Android I have a fighting chance at making the phone the way I want it. The jailbrakes for the iPhone don't even touch the rooting possibilities of Android.
    But the catch is most people (majority of women) could care less about Android flexibility. They just want a phone that works for the majority of time and these people will live with the shortcomings. I have no regrets getting my wife an iPhone 5 because it's so simple a 3 year old can use it. That phone will be going on 2 years old in about 3 months and so far my only criticism is that the battery had to be swapped out at the 13 month mark. I plan on keeping the phone for another year and that way I can use her upgrade for myself.
    I would definitely look at swapping the S5 for a iPhone 5S for the wife. And please buy a good case that protects the phone. My wife drops the phone so much it still looks very good. It's the main reason why she doesn't ask for a new phone.

20. afsnyder macrumors 65816

You know.. she doesn't look like a lesbian because of a phone. And males don't look gay for having white phones instead of black.

You know what makes you look like a lesbian? Kissing another woman. Not a phone.

On topic: I wouldn't judge the size of the iPhone 6 until she holds it in her hand. Make her wait until September/October.

21. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Some people are just very insecure about how others perceive their sexuality.

22. Ann P macrumors 68020

23. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

24. jhtrico1850 macrumors regular

Just buy it now. Not worth it to wait 3 months to save $100 in price drop.