Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taficke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Does anybody have the Samsung SCH-u740 Black phone? If you do have you noticed that it resets it self randomly? Or is it just me. I use Verizon if that makes a difference. Does anybody have ideas to make it stop?
Thanks again in advance!

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
I've had the phone for about 5 days and I have had no issues. Probably just a software glitch specific to your phone.

You have to understand though that it is apparent that Verizon never tests their *****ty operating system on their phones. I can firmly support this statement with all 3 RAZR V3c's I have owned.

I love my u740, its awesome. Some design flaws- but overall I like it 10000x more than my RAZR. It took me like 3 days to realize you could make a period by holding down the "y" button instead of pressing "numlock + y.

Take it back to the store, complain, and they'll probably give you a replacement.

How long have you had it?

taficke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
i took it back and they are mailing me a replacement but i was just curious as to if it will happen with the new one.
i also had a razor before this and had the same problem
alos i have had it for almost 5 months and just found that out!

rachael18

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
i have this phone...

I have had nothing but problems with this phone (alias). When I first got it it also reset all the time when i would get on the mobile web and then it began to reset when i would recieve text messages. I took it to verizon and they upgraded the software and it was better for a little while. THEN now it has began to freeze all the time when i try to open anything. I am taking it to verizon tomorrow and i hope they will replace it. I dont recommend anyone to buy this phone - it may look good but its not a good phone.

rachael18

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
i have this phone...

I have had nothing but problems with this phone (alias). When I first got it it also reset all the time when i would get on the mobile web and then it began to reset when i would recieve text messages. I took it to verizon and they upgraded the software and it was better for a little while. THEN now it has began to freeze all the time when i try to open anything. I am taking it to verizon tomorrow and i hope they will replace it. I dont recommend anyone to buy this phone - it may look good but its not a good phone.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
I lost mine, and I am actually kind of happy. I have a moto q9c and I am much happier. Less glitchy software and I can actually zoom into pictures I've taken.

bbbensen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
I have the original Champaign colored one. :3

I love it. I never had any problems. I wish that the internal screen was sharper though.... :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.