Samsung SCX-340s wieless print problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mobgr, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Mobgr macrumors newbie

My printer is supposed to print to a wireless network how can I enable this I have a macbook & Imac both running OS10x 10.8.5?

2. Giuly, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

1. You put it back into the box
    2. You ship it back
    3. You replace it with a Brother MFC-8710DW, HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw, Epson WorkForce WF-3540
    4. You use the Quick Start guide to setup WiFi connection on them
    5. You print, as all of them work out of the box as soon as they're on the network

No kiddin', use the forum search: A Samsung printer is worse than a pencil when connected to a Mac.

3. centauratlas macrumors 6502a

centauratlas

FYI, I do not recommend the Epson. It is okay, but not great. The touchscreen is really bad, and the scan to computer leaves a lot to be desired.

4. mkrndll macrumors member

Lol, so nothing to do. I can't send it back, since I've had it for a year already, but I'm pretty mad: when i bought it from Amazon the description stated that it supported OSX. I guess it meant only 10.8.

I read about the troubles with Samsung printers in the forums, but only once I had my issue and I searched the forums.

----------

Thanks!

5. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The touch screen on all printers it bad, as are 90% of all other devices with resistive touch screens.

What is "Scan to Computer" supposed to do other than saving files from the scanner to the computer? Doesn't it work, or what exactly do you desire it to do? Use Image Capture or Preview instead, maybe?