Samsung SE-506AB Connect to NEW IMAC

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Vuddha, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Vuddha macrumors member

I received my new IMAC:
    27"/3.4QC/4x8GB/768/680MX/WLKB
    And purchased A Samsung 506AB and Want to know how to hook it up, it has a double USB 2.0 connection on one side of the cable. and want to know if I connect one or two connections to my IMAC USB 3.0. also I was looking for a MAC manual also. Is there any one out there that can Help me?

2. simsaladimbamba

One USB connection should suffice, the other one of the Y connection (the shorter one) is for power, but the iMac should provide enough power via one cable, if not you can always try the two USB plugs.
    As for the guide:
    To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. hundleton1 macrumors 6502

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd hijack this one :)

Just got a new 27" iMac and ned a drive, looking at the se-506ab but have a question , does cd and DVD burning work natively on ML just like the SuperDrive ?

I understand I'd need Toast for BR burning but I'm mostly interested in normal DVD and Cd

4. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

the se-506BB is the newer model of this drive and is less expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SE-506BB-TSBD-External-Blu-ray/dp/B00AO1XFM0/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

ive burned dvd and 25 gb data blue ray discs without special software using this drive.it also has only 1 usb plug thats it.

they also offer this drive in white.