Samsung Series 7, looks promising

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dusk007, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

[​IMG]
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4716/samsung-releases-series-7-laptops

Those things actually look very promising. I seriously doubt that those 300 nit screen are as good as the MBPs for this price but matte and with this small bezel they partially make up for being 16:9.
    The Specs are outstanding. 8GB SSD Cache make the whole thing even cheaper because you get real good speed without having to buy an expensive SSD.
    80Wh 1500 cycle battery can definitely compete with Apples 77Wh which are in a bigger chassis.
    keyboard with numpad and a touchpad that at least looks good. A BiggerTouchTool for Windows I'd miss though.

I am really looking forward to some reviews. Maybe the those screens are more like the HP Elitebook 8560p 900p screen the only ones I know of with some contrast.

To me this looks like the first notebook that could actually threaten the MBP. And unlike with the Galaxy Apple really cannot complain about it looking to much alike, as those things definitely look a lot more like Sony Vaio than the do look like MBPs.

----------

I am still waiting for 22nm CPU, 28 nm GPU and Intel SRT with 64GB Cache.
    But if those Series 7 sport that when I want something newer I would probably defect Apple and OSX Again. The only things that is probably worse in those Notebooks is contrast and colors of the screen.
    If Samsung would even manage to offer some higher quality 1080p display as an option Apple would have to cut prices quite a bit. MBP sales growth would definitely experience a serious hit. Even if they can hold OSX lovers it wouldn't help and many would switch back to Windows.

2. dusk007 thread starter macrumors 68040

dusk007

Look at the time. Mine was first. Ergo it does not exist there is just now another one that gets more attention with a more flameware like title.

Lets close this one. One is enough either way.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The thread linked above was posted yesterday morning (my time), whereas this was posted only a few hours ago.

I have closed this since discussion exists already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.