Samsung Set to Buy Camera Company That Sued Apple for Patent Infringement

EdT

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
Interesting move, maybe Apple should have thought of this.

P.S. I still hate the camera "bump".
So do I, but probably for different reasons. I wouldn’t care at all if Apple had good battery performance and hadn’t had a history of problems from phones and iPads flexing. But they do, so I do.

kkk123kkk123kkk

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2017
For those people whining about Apple stealing or Apple should have bought this company. Guess what Apple had already pay for their technology. In 2015 Apple bought LinX, another Isreal company also working on multi camera technology. Looks like Corephotonics is just jealous and mad that their competitor get all the money.

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/14/apple-acquires-linx-imaging/

Last edited:
Reactions: genovelle

az431

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Interesting move, maybe Apple should have thought of this.

P.S. I still hate the camera "bump".
For what reason? To pay more than it would cost to litigate or settle, and on top of that assume this other company's liabilities?
[doublepost=1548717606][/doublepost]
Looks like Samsung bought this company only so that they can continue be a hostile to Apple.
Just a hunch on your part?

calzon65

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
So do I, but probably for different reasons. I wouldn’t care at all if Apple had good battery performance and hadn’t had a history of problems from phones and iPads flexing. But they do, so I do.
I also wish we had better battery performance. So if that meant adding more battery to thicken the phone (getting rid of the bump as a secondary benefit), I would not complain.

dilbert99

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2012
Is this a case of hey you can have sort of zoom by having two lenses with different focal lengths or is there more to their patents? Hopefully the latter and not the former...

Obvious patents suck.

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Unfortunately, Galaxy flagship owners won't see this for at least 2-4 years.

This will happen again when Apple releases the 2019 iPhone with 3 rear lenses.

As a follower in camera tech, lawsuits are not surprising.
I see you too read the cyclops article on Tom's.
[doublepost=1548809103][/doublepost]
I also wish we had better battery performance. So if that meant adding more battery to thicken the phone (getting rid of the bump as a secondary benefit), I would not complain.
Apple did just hire Samsun's head of batteries. Perhaps Apple can put a bit of pizazz into their batteries in the coming years.