Samsung Simband

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 13, 2014.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

They did a just did a redesign and released the SDK, but I didn't even know Simband existed. :eek:

I'm not even into the health aspect of smart watches, but something like this would change my mind.

Gives a good idea what to expect from Samsung smartwatches soon. I hope this tech it makes it to the Gear 3 or 4.

http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-simband/

2. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

They need to advance the HR sensor technology, it's simply awful on every single on of their devices. In all fairness it's the optical technology itself as it's awful on all the other fitness bands and smartwatches as well. Until I can continuously see my HR in real time changing accurately I consider this feature semi useless.

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Ive-like spokesman aside, this is a neat overview of health related sensors.

For heartrate, you really need EKG sensors. In their example, you would touch a side pad on the band to form a circuit.

They said they can also calculate blood pressure, by the timing from the actual heartbeat to the pulse seen at the wrist.

2014_samsung_simband_ekg.png