Samsung since the Apple Watch is now shipping

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Black Belt, Apr 30, 2015.

1. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

They have their fan base. Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. I've seen a few Samsung Gear watches in the wild.

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

That's about as cryptic as "the sun is shining, but the ice is slippery".....

Do you mean you are also buying a Samsung Galaxy Gear S or Galaxy Gear 2 or something? They are nice smart watches. So is the Microsoft band, UP24, and Moto360. Each is very different.

3. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

nah their copy of the apple watch will come out soon enough :rolleyes:

4. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I really don't think they can plausibly do a fashion launch like the Apple Watch. I don't think they have the stores to do the presentation or the ability to present themselves to high end customers. They can't, for example, launch a $15,000 watch. Apple did, and I suspect we will find that they didn't just launch it, they sold them in decent numbers.

Sure Sammy will make new and better watches. And they may even copy Apple's style. But will they invest in multiple bands? I don't think so. Will they have a $1,000 version? Doubt it.

The Galaxy S6 seems like a nice phone. I'm curious when I will actually see one in person though.

5. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

That'll be the main problem with non apple smartwatches. It's just gonna be extreme hard for them to position themselves as a fashion accessory while them and others will race to the bottom again.

Personally glad apple is already out of the gate charging forward but I do want to see these other companies as least try to compete, forcing apple to innovate further :D

6. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

tag is coming out with an expensive smartwatch too...

it's all just "me too..." mentality now. and samsung making a round smartwatch because apparently millions are wanting round smartwatches... well who knows, tag might be the 'game changer' although they will run android. i kinda like the design of lg urbane though

7. mpike78 macrumors regular

I've had a gear 2 and a gear 2 neo