Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hello,
I would like to buy a SSD for my mac and I have those 2 Samsung offers. Is this a good deal or are those outdated models:

Samsung 256GB 2.5" MMDPE56G5DXP : 260 €
Samsung 256GB 2.5" MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB: 350 €

I cannot find what is the difference between those two product numbers.

Thanks

BobbyCarbn

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
Hello,
I would like to buy a SSD for my mac and I have those 2 Samsung offers. Is this a good deal or are those outdated models:

Samsung 256GB 2.5" MMDPE56G5DXP : 260 €
Samsung 256GB 2.5" MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB: 350 €

I cannot find what is the difference between those two product numbers.

Thanks

Shop around and or wait just a little while. Intel is going to release their new drives at the end of this month so that will drive prices of Gen 2 drives down considerably. I would get a new drive if I were you. This is not something you want to buy used unless its from one of your mates and you know they dont abuse their tech.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Shop around and or wait just a little while. Intel is going to release their new drives at the end of this month so that will drive prices of Gen 2 drives down considerably. I would get a new drive if I were you. This is not something you want to buy used unless its from one of your mates and you know they dont abuse their tech.
they are both new.

I thought that the new Intel were coming Q4 this year. If it's end of this month I will for sure wait. Do you have any sources/articles about the release of the new Intels ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.